Had asked for a high room overlooking Puerto Rico bay as these get the morning sun - so much better with no air con in the rooms - however was told they were being refurbed and we had been given a high room on the front of the hotel - meaning hot afternoon sun with only a fan to move air around.
Getting to the room we were told we could not take our cases through the swimming pool area so were directed via 2 lifts and a route march... our room then turned out to be 2 floors down from the swimming pool via 1 lift if we could have come that way. GUESS WHAT the following day - different receptionist so everyone coming through the pool area with cases!!!
Also having arrived after a 4 hr flight delay too late for the snacks and too early for the evening meal - asking the receptionist if there was anywhere in the hotel we could get something to eat we were told NO it was only a couple of hours to evening meal so would have to wait .... mmmm .. Investigating oursleves we found the onsite supermarket stocked everything you could need for self catering so we could have made ourselves a sandwich - why didn't we get told this???
SNACKS - hot dogs / burgers (I won't say beef as I don't think they were but I may be wrong) & of course chips - just watch out for the pigeons as they enjoy it as much as you do, staff do not seem to chase them out of the pool bar area and the birds just hop onto any tables with left over food on them to help themselves - it doesn't help when some guests then also feed them.
RESTAURANT - the "show" cooking usually started after people had actually entered the restaurant so queues formed so the chef rushed the cooking and the food was often then undercooked - the carvery - the chef here thought meat should be carved like lace curtains and everyone should be given childrens portions - the best laugh was when chicken was on and I would call them small to start with only to have the chef cut everything in half, one poor woman got a drumstick that was so small everyone was laughing. Deserts were mostly designed for people without teeth - mousse / jelly / custards etc but they do put on a chocolate fountain with profiteroles etc to dip in - however just look what else they put out with it - childrens sweets ??? and guess what we say kids dipping their fingers in the fountain rather than the food....
Daily entertainment - well as there is only 1 entertainment staff for both adults and children you pretty much can guess there was nothing going on - OH other than water aerobics which used the music from the pool bar turned up to full level so being in the pool bar at this time was head thumping to say the least (and that was when the music system actually worked!!)
The rooms were kept fairly clean - but could have been better - the patio table was filthy on arrival but was cleaned mid way through our holiday.
TV well you have to pay if you want more channels - buy a card from a machine in reception - worth it if you want to get away from the evening entertainment.
No will not be going again as on top of the above the location is not the best you need to get taxis unless you want to be sweaty when you get to where you are going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria