Approx. 20 minute walk down hill to beach and shops. Recommend taxi back up hill, approx. 3.50 euros.
Arguiniguin (think that is how it is spelt) market on a Tuesday morning, 6 euros each way in taxi, nice for some more unique souvenirs. Could get bus for cheaper travel, think it would probably be 1 euro each way.
Bus to maspalomas 2 euros each way, walk along beach and up path to camel rides for 12 euros each. There is also Aqualand in Maspalomas.
Although we arrived at 3 in the morning the receptionist was lovely and welcoming and the restaurant was open for late arrivals/departures. All of the receptionists throughout our stay were helpful and willing to give advice on best markets, good restaurants and how to get to all these places.
After reading some bad reviews about this hotel I was certainly a bit apprehensive but I think it was absolutely great value for money. Don't know if most people are expecting A La Carte but I think you'd be hard pressed to find this at any all inclusive without paying an absolute bomb. For the money you pay for this hotel the food is great.
As well as a wide range of meal times (approx. 2 and a half hours for each meal) there is also a snack bar from 12 - 5 which is self serve and usually had hotdogs, burgers, sandwiches, salad, chips.
In the pool bar you can help yourself to fruit juices, water and the coffee machine or go to the bar for alcoholic and fizzy drinks.
Room was good, the fan was free which I found amazing as you usually have to pay for air con or fans. It also had a fridge which was great as although on an all inclusive we liked to have a bottle of water in the room. Great view of the sea as well. It was two twin beds that we pushed together but I find that with most hotels abroad.
Lovely terrace with sunbeds, hot tubs and great view of the sea, not many kids on this bit as they sat by pool so was nice and peaceful!
We went in September so was probably a bit quiter than high season but we never had trouble getting a sunbed.
Definitely would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria