“Fantastic stay in puerto feliz”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Rico
Puerto Feliz Aparthotel
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I stayed in the puerto feliz on 25th september with my two daughters aged 15 & 17 i was a bit nervous about staying there as some of the reviews i read were a bit off putting, but when i arrived i was really pleased with what i saw. The hotel has quite a lot of steps to climb to get to the entrance but you dont have to carry any luggage up them as there is a conveyer belt along the side of the steps which takes your luggage up for you. Inside the hotel is basic but it is very clean and the staff are really nice, the rooms are nice & clean and the maids came in every day. The only problem we had was the noise that came from the commercial centre, the music didnt stop until about 4:30am. The swimming pool was great and the poolbar was excellent as were the poolbar staff who were really friendly & helpful. I really enjoyed my stay at the puerto feliz & my daughters had a great time, the weather was brilliant the whole week so we got a great tan,i would recommend puerto feliz for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank woodywag

Reviewed September 8, 2006

we have been on many occasions to puerto rico but never stayed at the puerto azul. i am very glad we did this time, excellent apartment very clean and very helpful.
fab location overlooking puerto rico and you can see as far as the sea and surrounding coast line.
the pool was very clean and served refreshments all in the vicinity of the pool area.
just a short stroll down along a hilly road or walk down the steps you will be right in the heart of puerto rico's main centre for all your nightlife. dont miss the royal oak and pound bar in the centre, you will find a great welcome from all.
taxi are very cheap and every night rather than walk up the hill or take the steeps we had a taxi for around a £1 in british money.
overall a great holiday and excellent views.
s.arnold south wales

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled with family
4  Thank s.arnold
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I stayed in this hotel from 15th July 2006 for two weeks. The flight times were very late at night so I arrived at the Hotel at 4am, it took ages to check in which was really frustrating as we had been up all night and were very tired. The room was very small even though was described as being able to accommodate 3 people. The room appeared to be clean at a glance but the next morning was a different story. We had been walking around the apartment in bear feet and we later realised that our feet were black as coal from the dirty floors. The towels provided smelt damp and dirty, the shower was so full of limescale that it did not work very well, the worktops were covered in dirt and I spent the first morning of my holiday cleaning the apartment. I used the laundry facilities at the hotel and my clothes had brown stains on them from the dirty water (this also comes out of the taps so you have to use mineral water for everything. The pool looks great until you get in and after 5 minutes your eyes are burning with the chlorine, also the tiles at the side of the pool were falling off and my huband cut his leg open on the side. There is a restaurant at the hotel that is never open, so you have to go down into the centre if you want to eat out which was not always convenient, especially with all the steps!. There is a pool bar that serves food and drink, the only problem is they never have any stock especially on non alcoholic drinks, the food is average but over priced. Normally all of the above you can put up with as this is sometimes what you hear other people experiencing, but the cockroaches were another matter there were loads of them, and the worst thing was there were lots of dead ones round the hotel and the maids and staff did not remove them even when myself and lots of other guests complained, there were 6 in the apartment altogether throughout the holiday and it really made me feel uneasy about staying in the room. There was also no entertainment in the hotel. They had one singer on over the two weeks and her singing left a lot to be desired. I always use this website to get the low down on any hotel before I book and I read all the reviews and there was only one bad one, but i really wish I had not booked the holiday at all. I wanted to come home after the 2nd night. Gran Canaria is a lovely place but I would advise anyone not to stay at this hotel, it totally ruined our holiday.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Hazel1983
Reviewed April 5, 2006

I have read reviews on this hotel witch i have to say are there own experience and a lot of rubbish. the hotel its self is a traditional style which yes might be dated to some of us especially me at 18 but wouldnt sopme people moan if it was too modern. the pool is lovely with a bit for children to play at and for parents still to keep an eye on them. The staff even the maids are extremely plesant and helpful. The hotel has everything you need also entertainment at night a supermarket restraunt and washing facilities which are all reasonably priced. The centre is noisy at night but it isnt all bad put it this way id rather have the noise from the centre than the noise you would have in ibiza or the noise of drunks that walk the weekend in britain. Id advise people holidaying here that the boat trip to see the dolphines is amazing and so relaxing and the sun is what you would get in 3 days by the pool if you protect your skin properly. Also the trip to mogan market is a good idea lots of bargains to be had for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2006
11  Thank Linziloo2011
Reviewed January 23, 2006

I took my 2 daughters on a weeks holiday to gran canaria.The weather was warm but not always sunny.Between 65 & 95 depending on if the sun was out.I am 40 and the girls are 17 & 23.They loved it! unfortunately if you want a night in forgrt it as the bars are very loud between 10pm & 3.30am.This isnt a problem if you want to party.However the cleaner comes at 9.30 if you want her or not.The place is what you would expect from a 3 star place.Myself and my husband go away 3 times a year and are fussy but i was pleased with my apartments cleanliness.It is on a very large hill with many steps.The shops bars ect are on your door step.This place is what i would recomend as a young persons place to stay.If you have any problems with noise hills etc and would like to go to Puerto Rico go to the portonovo apartments they are on the marina by the beach.Overall our holiday was good.I went with Thomson and the rep was good.He was new but happy to help.Enjoy

• Stayed: January 2006
7  Thank clareellis83
A TripAdvisor Member
England Merseyside
Reviewed January 7, 2006

me,my husband and our four kids had never been to puerto rico before,we loved it,it was great weather,the pool was just right loved the rooms and the friendly staff.we didnt have to walk far to get to the bars etc,however there was quite a few steps but taxis are easy enough to get.we loved it so much we have booked again for the same place next year!

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2005

Myself, partner and parents stayed in this hotel in October. We booked through Thompson. The information on the Thompson website, mislead us into booking this what can only be described as a shanty hotel.

The receptionists were friendly, helped with questions and taxi requests. The reception itself was very dated and garish. There was one computer that rarely worked.

The super market was well equipped for the essentials, however it was baking hot in there and you could only spend a couple of minutes in there.

We did not eat at the restaurant, as the food wasn’t appetising. We did eat at the pool bar, which was ok for a light snack, however was very over priced for what we were given. A young welsh lady worked behind there and was the most miserable person we met all holiday. The other lady was lovely. The pool was fine, small but just right.

The corridors were slim and made you feel like you were walking in dungeons. The rooms were another matter!

The sheets were old; the pillow felt like it had potatoes stuck inside. The bathroom was filthy, as was the living area and kitchen. In 2 weeks the maids cleaned the apartment one…. the day before we were due to leave. The balcony was pleasant but not with the best view of overlooking a grotty old golf course. However you could see out to sea, which was nice.

My parent’s toilet began to leak in the last week of our stay, which left a stench of urine, so was unpleasant to go in for a shower etc. This was reported but nothing was done.

Now for the worst part, which ruined our holiday…the noise! The noise from the commercial centre was horrendous. It went on from 9pm to between 3-am. I sleep with earplugs as I am a sensitive sleeper and it still sounded like a CD player was playing full blast in my ear. Not only was this a noisy resort, more than you can ever imagine, the commercial centre was very unsightly.

I would rather have eaten my arm than have eaten in one of the restaurants in the centre, depending on what you enjoy, all you can eat Chinese for €5 or a proper Spanish meal in a nice restaurant. If the latter, head for the port, where the boats are moored, next to the beach. There are a lot of nice restaurants down there. Or jump in a taxi to Timanfaya.

Apart from 3 restaurants, 2 crazy golf courses and one bar, there is not much else I can recommend about this resort. I do know that I would never step foot in Puerto Rico as long as I live.

Please be warned, the resort is a dive, the hotel is a dive and if booked with Thompson’s, watch out for the rep. She doesn’t appear to be as nice as she first comes across, but Thompson’s have now removed the hotel.

Good luck if you stay in this hotel or resort. You will need it!

• Stayed: October 2005