We stayed at the Marina Suites last year however thought we would try the Marina Bayview as the prices for the Marina Suites seemed highly inflated this year!
Didn't get the best view however think we booked the last apartment over Easter so likely why! We also didn't book direct with the hotel as their site showed no availability however i managed to book with 'Vacasol' after trailing the net as i was keen to stay down at the marina. The apartment was as nice as the Marina Suites - we has Suite 09 at Marina suites and my mum had a standard apartment, not sure i would pay the extra now as apart from additional access from the bedroom to the balcony and having an extra TV the was very little difference in standard. The only downfall with the apartments was for us there wasn't much privacy from the bedroom and lounge given the layout and slatted sliding doors (you have to access the WC through the bedroom). We were also next to a flight of stairs outside and most mornings would be woken by the cleaner sweeping the steps! The beds weren't the best, very light and moved easily and had ill-fitting sheets which crumpled and were most uncomfortable.
The Marina Bayview was at full capacity and there was a couple of days we were unable to get sun beds which was very disappointing however saying that we did manage the rest of the time. I was also delighted we had chosen the Bayview over the Suites as each time we visited the suites (you can use their facilities also) the pool area was very very busy and wasn't at all the glorious place i remembered and enjoyed last year!
All in all i did enjoy our stay and the property was very attractive and kept clean! The kids were had welcome sweets on their pillow when we arrived and kinder eggs at Easter which was a nice touch.
Thought the breakfast was over priced for what you got, certainly for a family of 4 it is expensive! Only had lunch one day which was lovely and it would be a bonus if they served food in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria