Montebello Servatur Apartments(Puerto Rico)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Pool
Apartamentos Miami Gran Canaria(Puerto Rico)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotel Riosol(Puerto Rico)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,517 results
All reviewsdeluxe apartmentselect apartmentpool areadurty nellysgran canariasister hotelbedroom and bathroomcourtesy roomsun loungersnautical themelovely hoteltaj palaceself cateringirish bartwo single beds pushed togetheramazing viewsreception staff
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had 2 very nice weeks in a Delux appartement. Very nice view from the balcony, the only problem was that we did not have the sun until around 12 oclock.

It would also have been a very good think if the restaurant was open also at night.
But all in all 2 nice weeks with sun every day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Finn,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Marina Bayview. We are happy that you spent 2 nice weeks with us and would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a beutiful resort. We have stayed both in a Deluxe apartment and in the Villa Serendipity. The Deluxe apartment had a big nice balcony with two sunbeds. The apartment was modern, beautiful and clean. The Villa Serendipity is located at the top of the hill of Puerto Rico with magnificent views over the sea and the harbour. The villa was fabulous! Very private and equipped with everything you could wish for. It had a gorgeous terrace/garden with a private pool and sun from the sunrise to the sunset. The staff was very friendly, enaged and professional. I can warmly recommend this hotel and would love to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Lena262
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Lena,

we are glad to read you had a great experience at Marina Bayview and would like to return! Also thank you for all your positive comments regarding the apartments, the villa, and of course, our staff!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here for a week in February. So satisfied! When we came we were not quite satisfied with our balcony. We'd got seaview, but not so much as we'd hoped for. We would get sun morningtime, but not in the afternoon. Because we both love to sit at the balcony in the afternoon, early evening, and we'd also noticed there were other options,- we decided to ask for another apartment. And that was no problem. If you're going to stay there, and I do recommend it; Ask for a deluxe apartment. Then you'll get a big balcony with private sunbeds. But if you prefer to do your sunbathing by the pool, the poolarea is clean, quiet, lots of sunbeds, - with a beautiful view as well. The housekeeping was really good. The staff in the reception so nice. By the way, Puerto Rico is a very touristic place.. But you can avoid these awful crowded places by staying at MB. You'll have the best rated restaurants in PR just in walking distance. Supermarket at the 1th floor. And if you enjoy hiking in the mountains like us, the entrance to all the tracks are just in the neighbourhood. I'll give MB my best recommanditions! I'd love to come back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Hilde H
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Hilde,

thank you so much for posting such a great review about your stay at Marina Bayview on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and want to come back on a further visit to Gran Canaria. We would also like to thank you for recommending us to other travelers!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have just returned from Marina Bayview - I only went there by default. Ideally I would have gone to Marina Suites but this year they were charging silly money. Would have been an additional 850 euro (for a select suite) and still some 650 euro dearer than last year. I had a balcony suite in Bayview. Still, I must comment that Marina Suites sold out some time ago - so there are still plenty of people who are prepared to pay very high rates. This in turn justifies the high rates.

I arrived just as it was getting dark. Within minutes of being in my suite, all of the electrics blew. I could not find the trip switches and did not know the reception number, so I had to walk back to reception to report the fault. By the time that I had returned to my suite a maintenance technician had arrived to fix the fault. Seems the cleaner had spilt water on the cooker etc. Good reaction to a fault. By the way, the trip switches are behind the mirror.

On day of departure, I could not use the lift to reception - maintenance engineers were doing a service. A member of the hotel staff immediately volunteered to carry our cases up to reception.

The suite is of a good size for two people, but not so ideal for four people. There is only one medium sized wardrobe in the bedroom, half of which was drawers. It is necessary to open both wardrobe doors to pull out the drawers. There is hardly any clearance between the open wardrobe doors and the bed.

There is a large sofa bed in the living room. I did not pull it out/use it so cannot comment upon the "bed" but as a sofa it was not particularly comfortable - far too deep. Seemed to be a good bed that converted to a poor sofa!!

There are two sliding doors between the bed and living room, but no handles - necessary to use finger nails when opening.

The lighting in the suite is good - plenty of windows and lights. There is even a light attached to the wardrobe that illuminates the inside of the wardrobe.

The hand basin in the alcove looks good, but not practical. No bath (not a problem for me) but a great walk in shower. No fluctuations in power or temperature.

No lock on the shower/toilet door - not ideal for some people!!!

I chose a balcony suite, rather than a terrace suite (as per previous reviews) more private. However for some, being able to walk out of the suite onto the terrace and on to the pool area would a great plus. The terraces are larger than the balcony's.

There is a small lift at the reception end of the suites, but overall I do not think that the place is ideal for people with mobility issues. It needs to be noted that Marina Bayview is not a hotel but a fairly large site with some 100 plus apartments built into the mountains.

The steps down to the shops/marina are not as bad as described in some reviews - but hey I am reasonably fit. A couple of evenings I came back from the "town" in a taxi - there was change from 5 euro.

The breakfast is good - I did not try the lunch. It needs to be noted that the bar, is not open in the evenings. Don't know why - a great location for a beer/glass of wine - looking out over the marina.

The pool is good.

Beds slightly on the soft side.

I have a vip card from the Marina Suites, otherwise it would have been necessary to pay a 20 eueo deposit for beach towels.

Would I stay again - yes

Would I recommend the "hotel" - yes but assuming no mobility issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mike G
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Mike,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Marina Bayview. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and would come back on a further occasion. Also thank you for all your comments, which help us to keep improving our services.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Friendly staff, wonderful views, clean and big rooms. Feels like a small, friendly familyhotel, not at all crowded like many other hotels in the area. Fantastic pool, good food! Nicely located, Only a 30- minute long walk to Amadores beach. Choose this hotel, you wont regret it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Eva R
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Mumin2014,

thank you very much for posting your review about your recent stay with us on the site. We are really glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Marina Bayview and a huge thank you for further recommending us to other travelers!

We are looking forward to your next visit to Gran Canaria!