1,581 results
All reviews deluxe apartment select apartment pool area durty nellys sister hotel gran canaria bedroom and bathroom courtesy room sun loungers nautical theme lovely hotel taj palace self catering irish bar relaxing holiday amazing views whole complex
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have just returned from Marina Bayview - I only went there by default. Ideally I would have gone to Marina Suites but this year they were charging silly money. Would have been an additional 850 euro (for a select suite) and still some 650 euro dearer than last year. I had a balcony suite in Bayview. Still, I must comment that Marina Suites sold out some time ago - so there are still plenty of people who are prepared to pay very high rates. This in turn justifies the high rates.

I arrived just as it was getting dark. Within minutes of being in my suite, all of the electrics blew. I could not find the trip switches and did not know the reception number, so I had to walk back to reception to report the fault. By the time that I had returned to my suite a maintenance technician had arrived to fix the fault. Seems the cleaner had spilt water on the cooker etc. Good reaction to a fault. By the way, the trip switches are behind the mirror.

On day of departure, I could not use the lift to reception - maintenance engineers were doing a service. A member of the hotel staff immediately volunteered to carry our cases up to reception.

The suite is of a good size for two people, but not so ideal for four people. There is only one medium sized wardrobe in the bedroom, half of which was drawers. It is necessary to open both wardrobe doors to pull out the drawers. There is hardly any clearance between the open wardrobe doors and the bed.

There is a large sofa bed in the living room. I did not pull it out/use it so cannot comment upon the "bed" but as a sofa it was not particularly comfortable - far too deep. Seemed to be a good bed that converted to a poor sofa!!

There are two sliding doors between the bed and living room, but no handles - necessary to use finger nails when opening.

The lighting in the suite is good - plenty of windows and lights. There is even a light attached to the wardrobe that illuminates the inside of the wardrobe.

The hand basin in the alcove looks good, but not practical. No bath (not a problem for me) but a great walk in shower. No fluctuations in power or temperature.

No lock on the shower/toilet door - not ideal for some people!!!

I chose a balcony suite, rather than a terrace suite (as per previous reviews) more private. However for some, being able to walk out of the suite onto the terrace and on to the pool area would a great plus. The terraces are larger than the balcony's.

There is a small lift at the reception end of the suites, but overall I do not think that the place is ideal for people with mobility issues. It needs to be noted that Marina Bayview is not a hotel but a fairly large site with some 100 plus apartments built into the mountains.

The steps down to the shops/marina are not as bad as described in some reviews - but hey I am reasonably fit. A couple of evenings I came back from the "town" in a taxi - there was change from 5 euro.

The breakfast is good - I did not try the lunch. It needs to be noted that the bar, is not open in the evenings. Don't know why - a great location for a beer/glass of wine - looking out over the marina.

The pool is good.

Beds slightly on the soft side.

I have a vip card from the Marina Suites, otherwise it would have been necessary to pay a 20 eueo deposit for beach towels.

Would I stay again - yes

Would I recommend the "hotel" - yes but assuming no mobility issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mike G
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Mike,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Marina Bayview. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and would come back on a further occasion. Also thank you for all your comments, which help us to keep improving our services.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Friendly staff, wonderful views, clean and big rooms. Feels like a small, friendly familyhotel, not at all crowded like many other hotels in the area. Fantastic pool, good food! Nicely located, Only a 30- minute long walk to Amadores beach. Choose this hotel, you wont regret it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Eva R
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Mumin2014,

thank you very much for posting your review about your recent stay with us on the site. We are really glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Marina Bayview and a huge thank you for further recommending us to other travelers!

We are looking forward to your next visit to Gran Canaria!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

It’s a very nice apartment hotel with amazing views of the harbour. We have stayed there several times. The exclusive single floor rooms are big and with a large terrace. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Cleaning of the room could be better. Anyways, we would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in deluxe room above the restaurant area. Very nice location (magnificent views over the harbour area and the ocean) with sun from noon until sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gert P
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Gert,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Marina Bayview. We are glad to read that, once again, you enjoyed your stay with us and recommend us to other travelers! Also thank you for all your comments which help us to be better.

Warm regards from Puerto Rico,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great hotel with amazing views of the port. Rooms are big with either a balcony or a terrace. Pool area very good with a decent size pool. Staff is very friendly and helpful especially Rafael at the reception who looked after us. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Aggie1150
Manager H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Marina Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Aggie,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor and also for all your positive words regarding the room, pool area and staff! We will pass on all your compliments to our staff, specially to Rafael!

Warm regards from Puerto Rico,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

As always the staff where friendly and helpfull. As usual we got the room in the c compartment that we asked for,morning sun and beautiful spectacular view of the sea and the marina.There is only one thing im missing,the internet conection.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jesper N

Dear Mr. Nielsen,

it is a pleasure to hear that this was your 8th time at Marina Bayview and that you enjoyed once again your stay with us!

Thank you very much for all your support and positive words!
We are looking forward to your 9th visit!

Warm regards,