We stayed at the Marina Bayview Aparthotel between the 16th and 23rd of January.Upon arrival there was a slight mix-up with our booking which, initially, could not be found on the system!After some minutes and phone calls by the receptionist,Rafael,it turned out that our booking had been mistakenly logged in the system as being for the 16th June ( 16Jan being, I suppose,quite similar to 16Jun!).After a short while, we were informed that there was no Delux apartment available until the Saturday but they could accommodate us in a Select apartment until then or we could change to a sister hotel. Not wishing to give up on what, visually, appeared to be a very nice hotel complex, we accepted the offer of the Select apartment and moved in.As compensation we received complimentary tickets to the Friday night barbecue ( worth €30 for two people) plus complimentary pool towels and room safe for the whole week ( worth approx. €30 for the two of us).Whether this represents true compensation for having a lower grade of accommodation for the first two nights I don't know but must say that our treatment by Rafael at reception was exemplary the whole time and the situation was not of his making.As it turned out,the Select apartment was very nice indeed, being only a slightly smaller version of what we eventually moved into as a Delux apartment first thing on the Saturday morning ( obviously great effort was made to prepare the Delux apartment for us early in the day so we weren't faced with having to move all our stuff after a day out somewhere)The apartment complex is built into the side of the cliffs and the apartments are cleverly designed to make maximum use of limited floor space available.The bedroom and bathrooms are above the lounge area.Both the Select and Delux apartments were well fitted out with fridge,cooking facilities and good quality bathrooms.The balconies of both were roomy with the Delux having the edge as it had private sun loungers as well as the table and chairs available in both.The apartments were very clean and bedding and towels were changed regularly and it was clear that a lot effort is put into keeping the whole complex beautifully clean.The views from the balconies of both apartments were stunning, over the boat marina and sea and the apartments were south facing so received sun all day long and into the early evening.The negative side of such luxury,though, is that there are a lot of steps to negotiate which can be a bit tricky for the less fit lugging cases around! We had booked B&B and the breakfast was very good with plenty of choice of both English and Continental style food.There was always lots of space available which made for a relaxing start to the day.One slight negative is that it appears as though Spanish law allows smoking during eating in areas which the UK would classify as being inside the restaurant ie under cover but open fronted area of the restaurant.Some of our continental cousins are not concerned about the effects on others when they light up during a meal!One other minor overall niggle is that the free WiFi was not very reliable, especially in the apartments.It seems that one needs to be quite close to the router at reception to guarantee reception. Overall, though,I have no hesitation in saying that this was a very good holiday experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria