Just back from one weeks stay here in one of the Deluxe apartments and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having seen all the shabby/ dated apartments that our transfer bus companions had gotten out at-we felt like royalty arriving at the modern and new MarinaBayview reception with its funky decor. We are already planning on going back next year.
The place is spotless clean, well equipped and the staff couldn't do enough for us ( Miriam in particular was very helpful- booking restaurants and ringing taxis was no trouble for her).
Our Deluxe room was spacious, bright and well equipped- kitchen had toaster, coffee percolator and blender. Bathroom was modern with a huge showerhead and big balcony had two sun beds if we fancied hiding out and enjoying our spectacular view of marina. We quite easily had the best view of the bay!
We spent most of the week lazing by the pool which is well designed/ laid out and the poolside cafe offers a good range of snacks as well as 'Happy Hour' on drinks and a free tapas is available with drinks purchases. There is also a masseuse available and a Sun care advisor who visits roughly twice a week and offered good advice.
The atmosphere at the pool is tranquil- music isn't blaring out of the speakers all day which we liked. There is a well stocked supermarket on premises also which comes in handy- because trust me the steps in Puerto Rico are killer, especially combined with the heat. We were also impressed at the presence of a lifeguard who regularly patrolled the pool area and kept it clean and tidy.
My only suggestion for improvement is the sun beds. They are a little uncomfortable and need cushions- perhaps some could be available to rent from the lifeguard for the day/week.
Hope this helps! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria