“Helge He”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo, Norway
“Helge He”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We staid me, my wife and a friend in one week. The hotel was excellent after it has been fixed up. Yhe personal was also very kindely. We had a nice week. And we will come back maybee next year. Helge, Randi and Kjell Bjarne

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
marinasuites, Director Comercial at Marina Bayview, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Marina Bayview Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bayview.
Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just back from holiday at the new upgraded Marina Bayview Hotel, Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria. Stayed 31st October 12 to 10th November 12. This hotel has just been refurbished and is immaculate. We had a delux room and it was fabulous. Livingroom and kitchen downstairs with bedroom and modern bathroom upstairs. Bedroom and bathroom have opening windows facing the harbour area and sea coast and the views are spectacular. We had sun beds on our balcony and basically sun bathed from there most days as the balcony got the sun from 0930 hrs through to sunset. There is a pool which is of adequate size for the complex and goes from 3'6 at shallow end to 5'10 at deep end. There is a small childrens pool also and the water temperature was perfect to swim in. All the appliances are brand new and rooms were cleaned every day except a Thursday and a Sunday however if you needed it cleaned on these days like we did as I smashed a wine glass the lovely man at the reception called Armando or similar as have forgotten the spelling immediately arranged for a cleaner and it was sorted within 10 min. Brilliant service. All staff were friendly and the restaurant served quality tasty food. There was no entertainment at night but I believe they have it in hand for the future. The weather at this time of year was mostly sunny with the odd cloud passing by which was a relief as it was between 78F to 86F during our stay. There is a nice good working lift in the complex for the older customer to use as there are 3 levels of apartments which I would estimate 98% of which have a sea view from their balcony.I have read comments regarding the numerous steps from the hotel to the nearby shops below however they are not bad at all as they are well spread out over a suitable distance so they are not particulary steep to walk up. I have been several times to the Marina Suites nearby and this hotel is of equal standard to that and I will definately be going back again.

Room Tip: We were in D204 , top level, brilliant delux room. Perfect position to sunbathe all day.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lindsay B
marinasuites, Director Comercial at Marina Bayview, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
It is a great pleasure to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Marina Bayview.
Furthermore, we highly appreciate your words of praise regarding our staff and will be more than happy to pass your nice words over to them.
We would be delighted to welcome you and your family back on a further occasion
with best regards
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Absolutely loved these apartments! Would return any day!
We went in July 2011 and had 2 apartments which were more private as they weren't in the main section that overlooked the pool and they came with an amazing view over the marina and more sunbeds for you to use!
The pool area was lovely and the view from the pool was amazing as well.
The pool bar served food which was very nice, we got chips from there most lunch times as we were only B&B!
It is quite a way out of the town because it is up the mountain, we hired a car which i highly recommend, plenty of parking around the hotel so not a problem.
Our rooms were always clean and although they got quite hot at night they were still very nice!
Definitely recommend these apartments!

Room Tip: Go for an apartment that doesn't have a pool view, go for the sea view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sipoo, Finland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

At the time we stayed here the hotel was called Ipanema Park, we arrived at 30.12.2009 and stayed for a week. We were a party of four, me and my husband in one room and my mom&dad in the room next to us. The rooms were ok, we didn´t spend much time inside the room because the balcony was just explicit. It was really large, approx. 20m2. We could watch the sun rise behind the hill and had sunshine all day on our balcony, in the evening we watched the sunset over the sea. Beautiful!

We didn´t have a breakfast buffet but it was ok, we usually ate breakfast out on my parents balcony. Lovely.
The hotel was located high in the hills, and it was quite a walk up, can´t remember how many stairs it was but over 100 at least! Thank god for cheap taxi :)

Over all we had a nice stay here. The rooms were clean and staff kind.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel was okey, but no more. Low std. Water all over after a shower. Equipment missing in the kitchen. Few TV-chanels. If you love to go stairs, you come to the right place.
No. this was the last time we visit.

Room Tip: Rooms nearby the pool. Rooms on the top have problems whit the wind, specilly in the evening.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Suite105
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in these apartments with my husband, we went for our 1st wedding anniversary. Our flight was delayed in Dublin airport so when we arrived it was late, we went the shop & got the usual bits of food & straight to the room to get ready to go out. As I was getting ready 2 Cockroaches ran up the wall, I am a very squemish person so I was not the better for seeing this. I went out with my hubby, had a good few drinks to help me sleep. Went back to the apartment, put a towel on the bedroom floor across the door, as I was falling asleep I awoke by a noice. I jumped up to find 4 Cockroaches running up the walls, I leaped from the bed to run out the door & 6 of them were running across the towel. As receiption does not open 24 hours I sat on the sofa on top of 2 suitcases staring at the ground for the rest of the night listening to them running around. My hubby smacked 1 of them with a towel the following morning & within seconds a ant hill had formed on the towel & they dragged it out the door. I got moved the next day but I was very shook up & couldent sleep that day so that was 2 days gone from my week. This experience ruined my holiday as I couldent relax 1 bit. I paid €900 for 1 week with my hubby, I defo would expect alot more for my money than what I got. There are so many apartments to choose from, if you want your holiday ruined like mine was I would not recomend these apartments.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
26 Thank Cathy M
Waterford
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend for ten days in august 2011. We are a young couple in our 20's, and this was ideal to stay here as we didn't want to be too near the nightlife but still within walking distance. it takes about 15minutes walk to the europa shopping centre, where all the bars and restaurants are too. Some people might complain about the steps you will have to walk down and up to the apartments but a taxi will cost maybe 3/4euro, and once you are in your apartment you will have unspoilt views off the beach and harbour. There is also some bars and restaurants along the harbour and beach. Oscars is down there, and it has to be the nicest restaurant we ate in, it was on the pricey side but its definately worth it. Also there is a gorgeaus canarian restaurant in the europa shopping centre called balcao canaria, highly reccommend this too. All in all it was a wonderful holiday and the staff in the hotel are very pleasant and the hotel is well kept. Would def go back again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view but try gert one away from the pool as it can be noisy with kids
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#5 of 68 in Puerto Rico
Morasol Suites
Morasol Suites
#6 of 68 in Puerto Rico

Been to Marina Bayview? Share your experiences!