Colina Mar Apartments
Hotel Riosol(Puerto Rico)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,319 results
All reviewsirish ladyeuropa centreself cateringsmall poolgreat holidayevening entertainmenthalf pricewashing up liquidlocal drinksall inclusive gueststhese apartmentswater polohalf boardrooms were cleanedall inclusive foodbarbacoaon site shop
Reviewed September 11, 2010

COLINA MAR in Puerto Rico both scores big hits and drastic misses. Me and my partner stayed here in september 2010 and we both had divided opinion. I would of been much more happier if id not of spent £1100 on the holiday, I think if it had been a cheap holiday id of been happy with what I got. We are a young couple in there twenties and we were hoping for a holiday for couples. We got that and in that way the colina mar scores points. The cliental was mainly irish and spanish families and elderly english couples. THE ROOMS are spacious with a mix of old and modern furniture, the bathroom was outdated and our double bed was two singles pushed together with seperate quilts and sheets which was annoying as you couldnt cuddle without falling down a whole in the centre. We had to combat this by jamming the beds together with furniture. THE BAR no word of a lie poured the best ice cold pint ever, even better was the fact that this was the all inclusive beer called tropical. Except for a young bar tender, the other older male staff seemed a bit disinterested and sometimes rude with english speaking customers. THE FOOD was eatable, but wasnt great, lunch was the best as the cheeseburgers made for a quick snack. There was a large ant problem in both our balcony and the outside restaurant area, id often glance down to see a team of ants carrying away a grain of rice I dropped. THE ENTERTAINMENT was awful, one loud annoying croaky voiced english guy in his sixties with a very poor taste in humour, and a dodgy tan. Don't get me wrong I can have a laugh, but he was cringeworthy, even flirting and making tastless jokes towards older females even in the daytime when there were kids present. He was the reason we only spent half a night in the bar the whole week was because you could not escape this guy who was there every night. The music which added some atmosphere to the one fifth full pub was destroyed when the entertainer, and I use that word very loosley chose to sing fifties, and sixties songs non stop for what seemed an eternity. Granted he wasnt a bad singer but know one seemed overly excited. He even decided to walk over into the far corner where me and my partner sat minding our own business to sing to us. I was polite about it however it was the iceing on top of our annoyance. Infact the one night he wasnt present he introduced an act who he described as the best on the island. Well judging by the noises I heard from my balcony, he wouldnt of faired well in front of simon cowel. just being with my partner and doing the things we did salvaged a disapointing time. LOCATION is at a top of a hill, great panoramic view of the entire resort from the hotel, the local bars and shops are up and down as well, there seemed to be more restaurants than people, so every owner is stood in there entrance trying to usher you in, which after explaining youve already eaten to 15 people in 5 mins, it gets very tideous. Even some of the english bars are at it, and believe you me if you go to a different english bar the next night, the first bar street workers get stroppy with you. Its not just the restaurants, its the pakistani and indian ran shops that sold re-conditioned electrical goods who try to usher you in aswell. It makes going to the shop for a loaf of bread seem a nightmare. To recap, only go to colina mar if you are after a cheap holiday. Think a cheap imitation butlins in the early nineties. Oh yes and the sheets only get changed once a week.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Southants1976
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I am just back from a weeks holiday at the Colina Mar. The hotel is located on the top level in Puerto Rico. The view from our apartment was gorgeous! Taxi rank just beside the hotel so no problem getting down to the commerical centre on the bottom level, and only approx EUR 3.50 to there or the beaches. The apartments where good, could just do with a little freshing up and very warm with no air conditioning. But we knew that before booking so cant really complain. Pool area has loads of sunbeds and good atmosphere with plenty of people around. Wouldnt eat from the bar, food wasnt great. nicer to make your way down to the town. People with travelling with children will be happy with the kids club to keep they entertained for a little bit during the day. We thought it was good value for money and I would stay again.

1  Thank Emmyzmc
Reviewed September 6, 2010

One word, FANTASTIC. This hotel is in walking distance to everything you need. you're 5 minutes from the shopping centre and in that area you have great places to eat, all waiting to serve you. This hotel has 2 pools, both of which are relaxing. It also has a mini market on site as well, on the 4th floor. we have only been back a few days now but we're going back this week to book up for next year.

1  Thank Paulski1
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Whoeva is saying the colina mar is a discrace your wrong wrong wrong!! I have been going with my mum for the past 8 years to the same hotel and I'm going back this year! The staff are amazing the rooms are tidy it has a sshop with everything in, there's. Entertainment every night! Entertainment everyday ( for kids and adults) the only thing I wunt advice people to do is play water polo to rough for my liking, I admit the food could be better but still fills your belly, hey your holiday! The amadores beach is just beautiful and overall a very verry good place to visit!!!! :)))

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank jadeyhough
Reviewed August 30, 2010

stayed for one week,appears dated but you will be surprised. Staff exellent,rooms cleaned four times, towels changed twice, bed linen changed, views you must see, would have no hesitation in reccomending even if on top level. Look for room over by small pool quietest side of complex.

1  Thank Davld K