Visited these apartments for the 4th time 23rd October Till 3rd November.
Night porter was fantastic when we arrived, no issues with our requests, very friendly and spoke excellent English. We asked for a room 301 on the booking and got room 301 again no issues and a very quick check-in. Lift is a little dated but was working correctly.
Room was clean and tidy and ready for us, balcony door was left slightly open to allow heat to escape and clean air to come into the room. There is no air conditioning in the room but unlike other places its not a sticky heat and there is a slight cool air breeze at night. There is noise from the commercial centre in the middle of the resort but this is blocked out when closing the balcony doors and hardly noticable in the bedroom.
The kitchen is dated but has the necessary equipment for self catering families who like to cook their own food. There is a 2 ring cooker, toaster, microwave, kettle and sink. Our kettle was damaged but when we took it to the reception they replaced it instantly with a brand new one.
The pool temperature is satisfactory for the outside temperature in that it will take your breath when you get in it but this is only for the first minute then it is quite refreshing. The cleaners are out every single morning cleaning the tiles around the pool and sunbathing areas and also around the edges of the pool. We had no reports or issues of ear infections etc .....
The entertainer at this apartment is new to the job and is no where near as good as the old entertainer LEO however he does try his best. His english is not great either! however he is a nice and polite person and you only need to say No once a day to his games!
There is an onsite shop to buy the essentials for breakfasts / dinner etc .... Bacon / Milk / Break / Pop / Water etc.... The bar prices are not expensive either with a full english breakfast costing just 5 euro.
My advise is to try and get a room in either Block A or Block B and if block B on the 3rd or 4th floor. this is to avoid any flooding if there is a major rainfall. Stay in rooms 01 - 07 if possible on the 4th floor as there is a water tower on the roof which makes a racket if you are any closer!!!
There are quite a lot of steps to get to the apartments from where the coach drops you off so its not the best for people with walking disabilities / issues. There are also over 150 steps down to the commercial centre. A taxi back up is just 3 euro!!
The apartments also have 2 pool tables for the children and 4 computers which have games on them and internet access charged at 1 euro for 10 minutes. The view from the apartments is simply amazing, you can see right across to the other side of the resort and down to the ocean as well. Check out time is 10am and it costs 20 euro to keep your room if available until 4pm. There is a 5 euro deposit for the safe key. The accomodation providers themselves have their own entertainment on Tuesday - Sunday nights so if your not upto going down to the fun bars and restaurants you can stay entertained in the apartments.
If you do go down to the Commercial Centre, i can fully recommend visiting El-Trebol for food and then over the bridge to Snoopys and Donalds bar for music and karaoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabau Cala D'Or Apartments, Sun 365 For those looking for Gran Canaria hotels, our Cabau Cala D’Or apartments are the ideal place for sun worshippers wishing to enjoy a relaxing holiday by the swimming pool. We are one of the most popular establishments amongst the hotels and apartments in Gran Canaria, Puerto Rico. We are located in the Puerto Rico valley only a few minutes walk from the large commercial area that offers a large selection of restaurants, bars and shops. The white sandy beach of Puerto Rico and Playa Amadores are also a small distance away. If you want to relax and maximize your stay with us just lie back by the pool in the sun and enjoy a drink or a snack from the pool bar. Our apartments are a great option if you are looking for Gran Canaria hotels in Playa Amadores and still want to be in the lively atmosphere of Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cabau Cala D'Or reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cala d`Or Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Cabau Cala D'Or Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria