“Nice”
Review of El Gaitero

El Gaitero
Reserve with
El Gaitero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 179 Restaurants in Puerto Rico
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Go here every time we visit pr went in March they were very busy not has happy with this meal as we have been previously . Will not let it put me off and will go again and give it another chance because have never had a bad meal here

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I came back from puerto rico two nights ago and lets cut the chase, this place was recommended by my parents and crikey it may have been over three decades but this time admitted they where totally hundred percent correct. The service is really friendly from the second you step in(the chef is also the owner and it was a nice touch to see him go round and speak to everybody for a few mins then again later when we had eaten to ask us what we thought about his cooking, confidence in his ability I'd say). We had a mix tappas selection and garlic bread between us parma ham, peppers, and other yummy nibbles. The main course I chose a sirloin steak, I'm going to make a bold statement, this was probably the best steak I've ever had and all four us ate every single scrap. It is a bit more expensive than most restaurants not much mind, but we all agreed it was little sacrifice for exquisite meal we had. Please trust me you will love this place.

1  Thank stu p
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Another wonderful meal at El Gaitero! We had the bruschetta and garlic bread with cheese to start, I had the stroganoff and my parents shared the mixed seafood platter for two. Everything was superb and excellent value for money.

1  Thank incawood1
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a restaurant that I have been to many times during my visits to Puerto Rico. A good sized restaurant ideal for groups or couples. Great waiting staff - many with a wicked sense of humour. Best to book.

My wife's favourites dish is the sea bass baked in salt. The waiter will bring the dish to the table, crack open the salt crust and fillet it, prior to putting it on your plate. Good theatre!

I have not had a bad meal at this restaurant. I went to this restaurant twice during my recent visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Enjoyed an excellent dinner here recently. Lamb Chops were well done and the Sole was perfection. Pleasant and attentive staff and reasonable priced.