“Definitely going again!”
Review of El Gaitero

El Gaitero
Reserve with
El Gaitero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 181 Restaurants in Puerto Rico
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were trying to get a table at the Cosi Come Sei, which was next door, but was fully booked. So we decided on the El Gaitero. We weren't disappointed. All I can say is, try the Seaman’s Style Sword Fish. I’m not really a seafood fan, but the very nice waiter recommended it, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

1  Thank Colin S

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten in this restaurant many, many times over the years.
Always a warm and sincere welcome from the owner and his staff who are always attentive.
No waiting for drinks or service here.
The menu varies ..from simple onion soup (my favourite), to elaborate fish and meat dishes.
Never had cause to complain about in a single thing, would recommend to one and all.

1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed September 12, 2012

but not quite as good as when we were last here 6 years ago. however the excellent service is still there and i would definitely recommend it. chorizo/onion starter with fresh crusty bread and garlic mayo would have me crawling over my starving nan to get to first! well maybe not but it is damn fine! my t bone wasnt the best cut i have ever had though and was slightly disappointed

1  Thank pad-doc
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a great wee restaurant, away from the main centre in Las Olas centre, which is just up the hill, through the tunnel at the marina.
I had a lovely jug of champagne sangria ( it was cava really, but for 6.50 who's complaining ?) and Himself had a pint of lager.
I had amazing fillet steak with caramelized onions, and Himself had pork in mushroom sauce, which was lovely. Both came with " real" chips and vegetables. Pudding was fruit salad with chocolate, easily enough for two. Delicious. The bill for this was around 40 euros, which was very good value.
The staff were very friendly and efficient, a real asset to the restaurant.
My only tiny dislike about El Gaitero is the location of the outside tables on a narrow walkway, which also leads to other restaurants, so it can be a bit busy, but this is a very minor thing. We look forward to yet another visit in December.

3  Thank Mharie
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were out in August with a family of 14 ranging from 6 to 70. They choose wee to go (not us oldies) and El Gaitero is top of the list for several of them including one who wanted to celebrate his 14th birthday there.
When we were all going we booked. But we were all made to feel welcome and there was something for all our tastes.
As someone else has noted owner Ramin has opened another restaurant in the main commercial centre Por Tauro. We visited that and will report separately. Same height standards though

2  Thank rmgw