TripAdvisor

from $42.12
from $39.73
from $39.73
1,276 results
All reviews hour trip flying fish free soft drinks their natural habitat great trip dolphins and whales travel sickness plastic bag bottle nosed dolphins glass bottom two hours dolphin trip large pod of dolphins enjoyable trip top deck recommend this trip dolphin watching
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

We are so glad we chose to go on this excursion! We saw a whale and hundreds of dolphins all jumping around the boat. We went on the 3 hour trip which is the same price as the 2 hour but includes a swim at the end which was very cool. Free soft drinks where available AND sick bags me and my partner took some sickness tablets half hour before going after reading reviews, and we were fine, although the same couldn’t be said for others! The captain has a good sense of humour and is always looking out to see if there’s any dolphins/whales about. You can really tell they care about educating people about the sea life and conserving their environment. 5 - Just book it it is worth every cent! - get there 20 minutes before departure as the que gets long!

1  Thank RebeccaMcRoberts
spirit o, Gerente at Spirit Of The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the excursion ...without getting sick. It is true that sometimes the sea can move (after all this is the Atlantic and sometimes people forget) and it is not a bad idea to take something to avoid it before departing ; ) Best regards

Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

It was a truly 1st class experience, 3 hours for a mere £35 a head. Free soft drinks, free delicious tapas and genuinely pleasant staff, most of whom were polyglots I noticed. We saw hundreds of dolphins, turtles, flying fish, Sheerwaters and Petrols. Hang on tight and bring non slip shoes its pretty rough out of harbour.
I've seen a lot of low scoring reviews mentioning sea sickness and feel sorry for the owners of this business. You're sea sickness is not their fault...invest in some travel sea sickness pills or an acupressure anti sickness band. This is the Atlantic Ocean its pretty choppy all year round. My son was sick despite never ever haven experienced motion sickness. The staff were so kind and caring to him and he was right as rain half an hour after disembarking. My daughter and I also got terribly queasy towards the end of the trip but would still go again but this time take my partner's advice and take a travel sickness tablet beforehand! If you get turned on by leaving negative reviews and one star you should just stay at home and never have any Adventures. Thank you Star of the Sea for a truly wonderful experience

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We had a great time with the family.

The crew is very friendly and ready to help under all circumstances. The captain explains all necessary details in advance in a funny and educational manner, both in English and Spanish.

The ride itself is not without a shake, especially once the boat is well into the ocean, some 10 miles off the coast.

Some people feeling see sick were rapidly assisted by the helpful crew.

We got to see flying fish, dolphins and turtles on their natural surroundings, including a dolphin family with a newborn.

The sightseeing time is limited due to environmental protection law. Should the trip not find any animals to see, you get the possibility to get into another trip free of charge.

We’d love to repeat the experience in the future!

Reviewed August 29, 2019

I've rate it 2* as we did see some dolphins - well 2 of us did as my son couldn't get near the edge of the boat due to feeling extremely sick. The top of the boat had an entire row of people sat just throwing up and several people on the bottom level were also holding sick bags or leaning over the side. Even a crew member at one point with sick bag in hand was over the back of the boat. Yes it was a little choppy on the sea but i would also say it was partly due to the person in charge of the boat.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately my experience of this boat trip wasn’t very good hence the average score so I cannot go any higher but other people have had better experiences so I wont give it less, we went on this trip just a little over a week ago and the sea was so choppy, a lot of people were sea sick, including myself so that already took the fun out, we also didn’t see a single dolphin which for us would of made the sickness worth it, luckily there is still a chance for people to see dolphins but I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much, hey this is the sea after all and wild animals if it doesn’t want to work out it won’t! Personally due to the sickness we didn’t get our repeat ticket which they do offer to you on the boat before you leave so if you do not see any dolphins or whales you can come back again another day for free! Staff were lovely though very kind and helpful, they speak a multiple of languages so don’t discourage you, the only point I would like to make and I know it’s another company that supply them but that is I wish they could of maybe offered the photo you get taken of you at the start for free instead of a repeat ticket so you don’t completely lose out on your money as the trip is about €30+ and the photo is only €10