“BREAKFAST”

Barbacoa
Ranked #44 of 179 Restaurants in Puerto Rico
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From tasty English breakfasts served from 8:30am to delicious fresh and juicy Steaks, cooked by our professional chefs, the Barbacoa Restaurant has something for everyone. We offer outdoors and indoors seating arrangements with panoramic views across the ocean, which makes the Barbacoa Restaurant an ideal choice for any appetite. Our extensive menu for adults and children includes international cuisine and home cooked British classics like Sunday roast, freshly battered fish & chips and succulent steak pies. Not forgetting our delicious dessert menu for those with a sweet tooth.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would like to say how great this bar is for breakfast, we have been going here for 18yrs now. The staff are fantastic ( especially you chrissie ), nothing is too much trouble. We would never go here on an evening as it's not our sort of thing but always head there in the morning. Chrissie does not even need to ask what we are having to eat and drink, she just brings it over. How's that for service!!!!. Try it, you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank rosiew12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

we went to this restaurant for dinner and were highly disapointed!
The staff were dismissive and rude, we felt as though they had forgotten about us.
The place was noisy with horid entertainment (tribute acts) going on right next door.
On the plus side, there coctails were not bad :P

1  Thank TravelMad571
Reviewed February 7, 2013

we have been to grandcanaria a number of times and enjoyed some great food and entertainment at the barbacoa, i have always gone for the lamb chopps my hsband for the home made pie, staff have always been efficient and friendly, during shows you just raise your hand and staff take your order,
The location is great we stay at the babalu appartments which is just over the road, the venue does get very buisy so its great to have a meal and stay for the shows,
I would have given a 10 rating but the candles on the table and the hot weather can be a little to much.
going back in April will be visiting the Barbacoa again

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'm left in shock. We decided to go for an evening meal and to watch a show after my partner had raved about the food and night from his previous visit with his mum. It started off well the service was excellent from the waitresses our main waitress was Makala(who has since been sacked) and she was brilliant, fast friendly and attentive. Gary Gobstopper was comparing and he was brilliant and so funny. Starters came out rather fast and we were never out of drink. Garlic bread was a bit soggy but I didnt complain as I shared Battered prawns which were to die for. I then recieved my fillet stake with peppercorn sauce. I started eating it when my lips started burning, my face turned red and I was sweating. I have peppercorn sauce were ever I go as I love it so I know it should not have that effect. I asked them to take it back and explained w hat was happening and asked for it again without sauce. So they took it away and washed it under the tap(yes Im not stupid) I later found out from someone else that Makala didnt want to bring it back out to me because of this(good girl thats customer service for you). I was sick all the next day and I havent been able to taste anything since. I asked my partner who was the Chef when he told me how amazing the food was, he said Gordon (who wasnt working that night and in fact got sacked the next day). The boss obviously wants to sack some of the best staff he has, good on some other staff for walking out in protest too. That will be my last trip to the barbacoa.

Andy G, Owner at Barbacoa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

What a nice Ex-pat community we have here in Puerto Rico !!
Someones best friend has been sacked and anothers contract has not been renewed so
lets try and ruin their ´boss´s´ business Restaurant !!
Makala was sacked because of numerous complaints about her attitude by customers
over a long period of time and should have been removed long before now-my fault
entirely !
The comical discription of this persons reaction to the ´Peppercorn sauce´left me shocked
at first but now leaves me rather amused.I am more than willing to buy her some Lip Balm
Savalon and Deodorant to elleviate the pysical effects of eating the ´Peppercorn sauce´!
Expect more untrue derogatory comments to be posted from family and friends in the near
future.
On a positive note, new professional Kitchen and Restaurant staff have been introduced in
the last few days who are not involved in the local community and already our internal
questionaires have proved that the food that we are now serving is tasty and the service
is always with a smile !!
Regards,

Andy

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice. Big portions of food and it tasted quite well. And the waiters where overly nice. Giving us hugs :-)