“Great service and seafood”
Review of Grill Costa Mar

Grill Costa Mar
Ranked #17 of 177 Restaurants in Puerto Rico
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small familiar restaurant. Modest, with a simple decoration. Located in the same port of "Puerto Base", Puerto Rico.We try to specialize in fish and seafood specialties. To offer a warm and attentive service. And never we try to be the best restaurant in Puerto Rico. Only to enjoy what we like. Trying, that our clients leaves Gran Canaria satisfied. Nothing more. Be Welcome
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Six adults,four teenagers and three younger kids enjoyed a lovely meal. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that my other half's starter, the mussels, were overcooked and she eats them often enough to know. I had the salmon on a bed of spinach as my main and thoroughly enjoyed it. The jewel of the day was the red snapper from the specialty menu. It had to be ordered by four persons and if I come here again would certainly go for it.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I was pretty excited to try this place , we arrived and were greeted by friendly staff and really really icy cold larger! (Awesome!!!)

I was quite surprised by the pretty "standard" menu, I was expecting something a bit different with some exciting fish dishes on.
We were shown the " fish of the day" a selection of Turbot, salmon and a couple of others, non of witch took my fancy.
We ordered some muscles in a garlic sauce / reduction thing, it arrived and I was really disappointed, the garlic tasted bitter and overlooked and the sauce was very salty, the muscles were just a bit too under done (could have done with 3 mins more) some of the shells were just opening and the muscles were hard to open.
We had Chateaubriand for 2 for a main course, we asked for it medium, it arrived very well done, it also was presented sliced on each plate rather than one long piece which was different.
The children had pizza, that looked fine.
I am hoping the chef was just having an off day, or the rest of the reviewers on trip advisor really don't know good food!

1  Thank Mrforkandspoon
Reviewed April 12, 2014

After 8 days of all inclusive food in the GP Amadores hotel (acceptable but no award-winning food) we decided to try the nr. 1 restaurant of the Tripadvisor ranking. Not knowing what to expect, we reserved a table for two (lucky we did, quite a few people who showed up were turned away). We had gambas in garlic oil for starters, mixed paella as main dish and crepes suzette for dessert, and were more then satisfied with each of them, and especially with the friendly and professional service. Prices were moderate, and we were very happy with at least one culinary event during our AI stretch ( mostly bland, mass production, and railway station atmosphere).

Our advice, book breakfast only and visit Costamar Grill. You cannot go wrong.

1  Thank Ton869
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't visited Grill costa Mar for a while so decided to head back to say hello! Place had been refurbished, looks great Dessi was there to greet us it was great to see the place buzzing with a lovely atmosphere.. I had steak cooked to perfection my friend had tuna and it was perfect ! I can't fault the good or service at all !!"looking forward to returning again see you soon and thanks :)

2  Thank bettyboo68
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Excellent dinner including grilled white fishfillet with fresh salad and canarian potatoes. Wine recommentation was perfect!