“Good dining experience”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were please to get a booking at this very popular restaurant that have had please of dining in for many years. Excellent food as always although I personally find the very large portions a bit off putting at times. Tables a little crowded but I guess makes for meeting fellow diners. Always an enjoyable experience but felt the excellent Kaia restaurant at Gloria Palace Royal with stunning views, friendly and effecient staff and delicious food had the edge.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have been to Oscars on numerous occasions and always enjoy the experience. Food good but baked potato cold, sent it back, got another cold potato, sent it back again and eventually got a hot potato but was finished my meal by then. A nice restaurant overall but they need to maintain standards, lovely staff. Reservation essential.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have used oscars for many years and have always been pleased with the quality of food and service. We have returned again this year to find things have changed, we were unable to book the time we wanted for a meal as there are now 2 sittings 1830 and 2030, take it or leave it!! we find that one is a too early and the second would not be bad if on time!!!!!!!! The other new item not on the menu is the refusal of credit cards, cash only, take it or leave it.
We decided to book the second sitting and on arrival at 2025 were directed to the bar next door and advised we would be called when things were ready. This did not happen and we went into Oscars at 2100 where we were given a table, at 2115 we ordered our starter and our main course about 20 minutes later. The main course arrived at 2155, on completion of the main course we were not offered the dessert menu or coffee, we left at 2240. I cancelled my booking for the following week and decided the service was so poor as not to warrant a tip.
How dissappointing, the service was very poor and I now regret advising my friends who visit GC to try Oscars, the change from previous years is unbelievable, the food whilst adequate is not of the same standard either, very mundane.
There are better places in puerto rico or the surrounding area offering far better value and quality than oscars.
Pomfret

2  Thank pomfret
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were 4 persons. Had to sit inside and it was crowded and noisy. Have had better food other places. Good service

2  Thank TorillOrkanger
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What happened to Oscars, 10 years ago it was a little gem in Puerto Rico with good food and lovely service, visited last month and it was awful, food was served raw and service was deplorable. Waiter seemed to think he was doing us a favour by serving us. When I complained my medium steak was actually raw I was told that's how they serve medium, cold and raw - really! After waiting over an hour for it!

Third time it came out it was edible, although they couldn't seem to remember the sauce I ordered. Just an awful experience, with the most unfriendly staff I have come across.

1  Thank OrlsMac