“Lovely apartments”

Castillo de Sol Apartments
gwent
“Lovely apartments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

Hya, just got back from Staying at the Castillo del sol apartments, and we had a brilliant holiday,, They were basic self catering apartments, we had a cooker with two rings with a combined oven and grill, but no kettle, or toaster, but you could hire these from reception, but we didnt bother, if we wanted tea, we would just boil water in a saucepan. There was also a fridge with a small freezer compartment.

The apartment itself was spotless, and the maids came in regularly to clean, and change the beds,and towels.
There was no air con, but you can hire fans from the reception, but again, we didn,t bother.

There is a poolside bar, serving snacks such as pizza, burgers sandwiches, chips, cooked breakfasts, etc. Chips were around two euros, and full english breakfasts were around five euros. They had a happy hour where the local beers and spirits were buy one, get one free.

Lorraine is in charge of the entertainment, and she was brilliant, she encouraged everyone to join in the activities, but if you just wanted to watch, she left you alone, and she was brilliant with the children, organising games in the pool etc.

The Castillo is located above the Commercial Centre, about one hundred and sixty seven steps from the complex to the Centre, but taxis are very reasonable, around two euros from the Centre to the apartments, so we used to walk down, and get a taxi back, if we didn,t feel like walking.

There are pleny of places to eat, we found San Miguels, were very reasonable, we had two steak, mushrooms, onions, chips and salad, and a childrens meal, plus two drinks each, for around twenty six euros, and the staff were lovely, and they were brilliant with the children.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay in the Castillo, and we would definately go back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wickedwelshmam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
West London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

What can I say... came to these apartments after recommended by friends... and they were exactly what I expected... Clean well maintained... pleasant friendly staff.... and as for LORRAINE and her entertainments.... well what a find ... she made the holiday for us all... they get lots of repeat business which is a good sign... will definately return again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank silverdad
Oldham. Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

Just got back from Castillo de Sol on Jan 12 2009.Was there just 3 months ago. Trust me .... I am a grumpy old woman and I love complaining but this place was just great. I went in October on my own. First time ever. Bit apprehensive but it was the best holliday I have ever had.Everyone was friendly and I was not allowed to be alone for a single minute. I loved it so much I went back in Jan and I was greeted by everyone as a long lost friend. Lorreiene , the entertainments manager is an absolute star. She makes the place.She knows everyones name and organises really fun things for everyone to do.The appartments are very basic but immaculately clean with maid service almost every day and clean towels several times a week. The pool bar does great food and snacks and every night they have happy hour and some entertainment.The only complaint I heard was the appartments on the higher floors were very noisy at night as the music from the town drifted up. This goes on until 4am most nights. On the lower floors noise is not a problem.Its 139 steps to the shopping centre , easy peasy going down and coming back just pace yourself and its fine. Taxi is about 2 /3 euros .Booked Castillo because it was the cheapest holliday. The single suppliments were unbelievable on some hollidays and I really thought I would be staying in a dump but it was great.Basic but clean. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ??? Best restaurant in town is next door. MINANANS is owned by Peter ( a jordie ) and Juan. Beautiful food cooked just for you.Wonderful selection and not too expensive.I ate there first night and was blown away so I ate there every night.Down town there are a thousand cafes that cater for the tourists............egg and chips , sunday roast etc and its cheap as chips but if you want quality food MINANAS is the place.Would reccomend Castillo to anyone.I love it and will be going back again. Any other 'Singletons ' out there reading this. Dont bat an eyelid just book and go. I felt safe , didnt feel ' alone ' and I had a ball !!!

• Liked — Everyone was so friendly. MINANAS next door. Best food in Puerto Rico if you like quality.
  • Disliked — Bit tacky in town but low life brits abroad like some other places.Great mix of old and young.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank finksmum