“Again Perfect”

Serenity Apartments
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just back from Serenity Apartments again. We first visited in September and were so impressed we had to go back. I am already looking to book again. If you want to relax in a quiet and total luxury environment then this is the place for you. Every member of staff were really lovely a special hello to William on reception, he is a gem. The shop onsite has everything you need and do lovely fresh bread/rolls in the morning. The infinity pool was heated and I enjoyed a swim most days. The pool area was always very quiet as most people tended to relax on their balconies with their own sunbeds. As I have said before these apartments are more suited to the mature couples who appreciated, peace, quite and Serenity. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had room 300 on top floor, best room in the complex, views are stunning.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Och-I-The-Noo2
There are newer reviews for Serenity Apartments

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the serenity in September for our honeymoon. What can I say fantastic apartments clean and very modern. Reception staff very helpful stunning views over looking my favourite beach amadoras. La dolce vita on amadoras beach for a good breakfast and their other restaurant in the commercial centre for a fantastic steak and lasagne. A massive thank you to the receptionist that arranged my beautiful bouquet from my hubby. Would also recommend lord byron in the commercial centre to eat. Would recommend the serenity to anyone that wants a tranquil holiday.

3  Thank Ann D
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to Amadores this October and stayed in the Serenity. We were so pleased with the accommodation! We upgraded to a suite and stayed in suite 002 which in our opinion was the best in the complex. Our view was unbelievable and our garden was massive. We spent a couple of days just relaxing there as all you could see was the sea!

The walk to the beach is doable but the walk back up can be a bit of a challenge in the heat. we used taxis quite frequently but this was rarely more than 3 euros. The supermarket down the road sells everything you need. There are some nice restaurants on Amadores Beach but we found them a bit repetitive. We went to Mogan on a number of occasions which was lovely and highly recommended and only costs 3 Euros to get the bus (although not for the faint hearted or travel sick due to the cliff edge ride!) and the reception at serenity were very helpful with bus time tables etc.

My partner and I got engaged whilst we were away :) and the staff at serenity were so lovely - gave us big hugs and a bottle of champagne to celebrate and a card for my birthday. The best thing about the serenity was the peace and quiet - the pool was super quiet and we were never disturbed. As other reviews state you can hear another resort but this is minimal and doesn't disturb. It just makes you realise how much classier and quiet the serenity is!!!

The cleaners and gardeners are also lovely and very friendly. The cleaner did our washing up and was very efficient.

Beds were lovely but my only comment would be that they were two singles pushed together but it wasnt a massive deal - just would have been comfier if it was a double! Our suite had everything we needed - including really comfy robes, air con etc. The complex even had a little gym and a tennis court.

There is wifi which is a little pricey so we just used it in bars and restaurants which is free if you need to use anything for work etc.

All in all a really fantastic stay. Cannot recommend Serenity enough for a quiet and pretty location that's close enough to everywhere but far away enough for peace and rest. We will certainly be returning! A special thanks to the lovely receptionist that booked us in for all of her hospitality throughout the stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bealesy24
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean. The balconies are beautiful, very private with fabulous views. The shop in the complex was surprisingly very reasonable. Enjoyed my stay at serenity until my last evening when I asked the receptionist in her late 40's, would she mind printing a document for me if I sent it to their email address. She then told me reception closes at 8 o'clock and I'd need to hurry up and send the email. This was at 7.40. I sent the email straight away. In the mean time, she banged the drawers, and was banging things on the desk. I then asked her was there a problem with printing the document for me as she made me feel uncomfortable with the banging. She told me next time come earlier. I then said to her, but reception doesn't close for another 20 mins, whats the problem. She told me she was working hard for the last two and a half hours. I then said, sure isn't it your job to look after your guests, she replied" I don't get paid extra for printing things out" I was so shocked and disappointed with her attitude. I just told her to keep her printouts and went to the lovely receptionist in the hotel next door, she printed my documents free of charge even though I wasn't a guest. I was never treated so badly in a hotel. God love her working hard for 2 and a half hours. She doesn't do serenity any favours.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Niamhine
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at Serenity from the 14th of September to the 21st of September.

Initially on arrival we had a bit of a kafuffle at no fault of the hotel (well it is advertised on the website that 24hr reception is provided- this is not the case, reception closes at 20:00 p.m.).
We spent 45mins waiting on our bags at the Airport and then a further 2 hours on the bus (Quick travel advertise no more than 6 stops, we were the 13th drop). So when we eventually arrived at Serenity and went to check in there was no one there at Reception as we landed just after 18:00 p.m. and didn’t get to the hotel until after 21:00 p.m. We looked about Reception and found a list of contact numbers to call in-case of an emergency; (we tried our holiday provider, they were closed- 9-5 Monday to Friday- it was Saturday) and got through to what we later found out was a security guard. So he told us to wait for 10mins and he would be with us. He arrived and asked were we new, made a phone call to one of the receptionists and got us a room- (not the room we had booked but one of the suites- for the night then we would get our room in the morning). The security guard put me on the phone to the receptionist and he was very apologetic and very reassuring about our situation (met him later in the week and is a very nice man, very friendly).
We had no key card so when we left for our dinner, on our return we had to contact the security guard again to let us back in the room- this was no issue.

So in the morning my wife went round to reception to check us in and see what room we were going to be moved to- she came back a few moments later with two key cards and told me the woman on reception (again very apologetic and extremely nice) had told her we could stay in the suite!! With no extra cost a free upgrade!! Very nice indeed considering we should have been there on time!!.

The suite was to a high standard, very clean, spacious and well presented. You had your own bathrobes; sweets were on your pillow, complimentary fruit basket- all nice touches. The living area had a flat screen TV, kitchen was well equipped with all the utensils you would need, fridge, and two hob cooker. They even provided you with your own shopping bag for groceries. You also had a coffee maker and juicer.
We had our own garden (was mowed on our second day) which overlooked the beach.
The hotel is situated at the top left hand side of a mountain, and I mean the very top, it’s above the new Gloria Place Royale. There is no lifts down to the bottom of the mountain (as in the Gloria Place) or a quick walkway. It takes 20mins to walk down to the beach, this really isn’t a problem and if you have difficulty walking you can order a taxi at reception- they are very cheap. There is no restaurant or bar within Serenity which I see is a blessing, the place is so quiet and peaceful, this means most of the time though you will be heading out or cooking yourself- the hotel does provide a take-away service, pizza and what not. There is a supermarket on site and another about 5 minutes walk down the road which is slightly cheaper.
The pool area is well maintained and very quiet. We spent hours up there each day and at a maximum at any one time there couldn’t have been more than 7-8 people. I think because you have your own deck chairs to each room and its spacious that people don’t feel the need to come down to the pool area and everywhere seems to get the sun as your up so high!
Reception staff are very helpful, friendly and accommodating, everything is done with little fuss. The woman on reception went and got my wife some eucalyptus from a plant as she had got some sun burn- as I say they are very friendly and helpful. When we later seen the male receptionist who I had been speaking to on our arrival, he was the same, very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you.
All in all it was an excellent holiday and couldn’t recommend the Serenity enough. It is quiet and out of the way and won’t appeal to everyone but for me it was excellent and I will be returning.
If you are heading into Peurto Rico to eat, the taxi will leave you right beside the centre with all the restaurants, if you cross over the road and don’t walk straight down into the centre but walk to the right and up the stairs to the left, half way up- there is a restaurant there which is outstanding, I would gladly eat there for a whole stay, I just can’t remember the name unfortunately. We ate one night for 63 Euro and we had 2 starters, 2 mains (I had a massive T-bone) with chips and 7 pints between us- excellent value and quality meal, thoroughly enjoyed it. They also have Strongbow on draft, and a wide selection of English bears, Magners, Heinikeen etc. Definitely worth a look.

Room Tip: They are all good with sea view- Suite has a big garden.
5  Thank Deckyd
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just back from Serenity Apartments, I am a bit reluctant to write this review as I don't want anyone else knowing about these stunning apartments. Selfish I know but honest!! I will start with these are not apartments for single young people. These apartments are more catered to the mature couples. This is what we wanted and this is what we got. Very spacious apartments with separate bedroom. Good fridge/freezer. The shop on site is very well stocked with essentials, also with fresh bread every day. On entering our room for the first time we were overwhelmed with the absolutely stunning view, never ever have I been in an apartment/hotel room with a view like this totally amazing. Beds were comfortable but would have preferred a double bed as apposed to two singles pushed together. Great internet connection 24 euro for 2 weeks half price for additional devices. Great supermarket down the road about 2 min walk in the Altamadores apartments, everything you could want, alcohol with great prices. All kinds of cigs too. We walked down to the Amadores beach several times it only took about 15mins. We only went down here for the restaurants. Can highly recommend the Monaco steak house at the far end of the beach (delicious steaks!!!) Taxi back up cost 4euros. TV good got the usual news, also a couple of good movie channels. As I said don't want to go on and on how great this was but it really was. Serenity!!! Oh nearly forgot the pool was amazing perfect temperature. No reserving sunbed issues, in fact there was one day it was only me and my partner and another couple, oh bliss.

3  Thank Och-I-The-Noo2
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We are just back from a great weeks stay at the Serenity. We arrived in the afternoon and greeted by a friendly receptionist who advised us we were staying on the ground floor room number 007, I was hesitant of having a ground floor room, so asked could I view the room prior to staying and he was happy for us to check out the room first, we were really impressed with the view from the ground floor it was like been on a ship with the sea view we had. The rooms that are directly in front of the pool area which if you want privacy it may be best to avoid room numbers 001, 003 and 005.

The apartment was immaculate, very modern kitchen, lovely marble effect tiled floors, double sinks and a shower with a shower curtain which we found quite annoying as we would have preferred a bath for an extra piece of luxury to relax. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing we have ever had to lie on, it would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. The next morning we asked for a softer mattress and they gave us a thin mattress which went over the other one, this helped slightly but still a let down and the bed was quite hard. This is a common problem, also another issue was we had assumed as we booked a double room, it be a double bed, but ended up having two singles pushed together.

The pool area was lovely, really nice wooden decking around the pool area, which added a nice bit of luxury, and the views were amazing. The pool was clean and we really enjoyed it, very relaxing and quiet, no rush for sunbeds in the morning, there was plenty to go around. One thing I think the hotel should think of would be having an outdoor jacuzzi which be really nice.

We cooked our breakfast each morning and also had our lunch in the apartment, food was easily got in the supermarket just down the road in the Gama supermarket, it was fairly reasonable, we got fresh bread from the small shop in the apartment which was really nice.

We walked down to Amadores each day and often walked back up the hill, the temperature was not roasting but a nice 26 - 30 degrees, so we found it quite easy considering everyone was saying we would need a car or a taxi, we found most people who had cars rented at the apartment had them parked up most of the week. Buses and taxis are really cheap in Gran Canaria, so who needs the hassle of a car.

We visited Mogan which is a really nice town to visit, we also went out in the evening to Puerto Rico which is a few km from Amadores which has many restaurants and bars and only 4.50 euro by taxi so really cheap. We done many bus trips to various areas around the island and really enjoyed it, we also on our last day got the free bus from the Las Palmas bus stop in Amadores to the Crocodile Park, this was really enjoyable, the entrance fee was 10 euro but plenty of animals to see and obviously Crocodiles everywhere, even got to touch a small one and still have all my fingers intact :).

We really enjoyed our stay at the Serenity, the main issues I think the hotel should consider would be changing those awful mattresses that are like sleeping on a solid floor, they should have a restaurant which would be really nice, they have a take away menu such as Pizzas etc but a nice restaurant would be really nice. An outdoor jacuzzi as stated would be really nice.

On checking out the receptionist was dealing with other calls and also a person doing some work on the tile area of the pool. We found although he was quite friendly that our custom was not appreciated, there was no "did you enjoy your visit etc" or would we stay again, I know that the hotel has no problems selling out, but I think some appreciation would not go amiss.

Room Tip: Avoid 001, 003, 005 or you be looking directly out at the pool and be no privacy.
3  Thank noel6071