“Great find, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal La Moyareja

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rota
Hostal La Moyareja
You added Hostal La Moyareja to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 5 Rota B&B and Inns
seville
“Great find, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was looking for an affordable place to stay in Rota in order to attend the 4th of July celebrations at the military base. I was travelling with my 5 year old son, so one of my priorities was a place with easy parking. As all the hotels in the center with parking were booked (and from previous experience I knew that finding parking on the street in the center was IMPOSSIBLE in July), I was happy to find this value with on-street parking (as well as a parking lot in front). The location was fabulous- just on the fringes of the center (so you could easily walk) but also just enough out that parking and getting around by car was simple.
Enough about parking & access. The hostal seems to be quite new, so everything was in very good state. The room was adequate in size, with two single beds (my request; they also offered a double bed), a small closet with mini fridge (which included two bottles of water for free- nice touch), a desk with chair, and TV. Air conditioning / central heat. Bathroom was on the small side but very clean. Equipped with a decent hair dryer (1300 watts), shower, bidet, toilet & sink. Lacking hooks or racks to hang towels....small complaint.
Staff were very friendly and accomodating.
Just a few negatives: no elevator (luckily we didn't have much luggage)
Reception isn't open 24 hours. This proved to be a bit inconvenient when I lost my room key. We returned to the hostel at 9 pm, and discovered that our key card was missing. We had a different key which allowed us to access the courtyard, but the keycard is what opens the main door and our room. We called the cell number given to us at checkout and within 10 minutes the hostess arrived and cheerfully let us in. She quickly made us two more copies of the key and we were set.
Overall: very pleasant hostel with friendly, attentive staff. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a good value.
Plus: La Forestal beach is directly across the street- lovely beach with very few people, even in July.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family