“True Delicious Italian, Great People!”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #2 of 172 Restaurants in Rota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Dolce Vita is a small Italian trattoria, located in the old town of Rota a few meters from the marina. It has a great team, a good selection of Italian wines, pastas and homemade desserts in a cozy place.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had their gnocchi pasta for dinner and earlier that day when I first found the place, enjoyed a great Italian red wine from Abruzzo that was wonderful! Their pesto spaghetti I tried at lunch was fresh and delicious. My favorite part was getting to talk with Luca the owner and Christian who works there. They're very kind and welcoming. All the food they use and dishes they make are with fresh Italian ingredients they have sent over from Italy itself. The real thing and I know, since I just spent three months covering all of Italy just this past Spring! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This lovely little restaurant is up steps from the harbour with views across to it. Very few covers so advisable to get there early or reserve in advance. We were given a tasty appetiser and went straight to main dishes, my pumpkin ravioli were lovely, and afterwards my lavender and raspberry pannacotta was a dream. We were recommended a Sicilian red wine, and very good it was too. Acceptable mid-range price for the experience. Staff very pleasant.

2  Thank JudiCopycat
Reviewed September 27, 2012

In lovely and picturesque Rota there is this small and cosy restaurante with delicious italian food. The atmosphere, music and italian speaking staff made us feel so special and romantic - we for a moment thought we were in Toscana. The lasange and gnocci is to die for.The Tiramisu!!! ...and all are homemade!!! The tinto de la casa is smooth and more than affordable like the rest of the food. We were there at night and the view makes the experience just fulfilled. I just need to say - DO not miss this!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We often heard great things of La Dolce Vita and their great food, so we were super excited to eat there. Unfortunately, they did not live up to their reputation on the night we ate there. We arrived fairly early, around 8:30 pm, all the outside tables were occupied (only 3 tables), but inside was empty. This is a very small restaurant! The inside of the restaurant is about the size of large living room, maybe even a little smaller, that is including the bar and kitchen. So, we sat down a little table, it was exceptionally hot inside, but that is to be expected in August in southern Spain. The tables had a bench and was very comfortable sitting there. I think there was one fan, but it was not blowing in our direction. So, needless to say we were sweating like crazy. The wait staff was very nice and the place is full of charm, but we waited an eternity to get our food. 8:30 and left at 11:30 pm. The sodas were half size bottles, which cost full size prices. We each ended up drinking 3 piece waiting on our food. The pasta was a bit hard, with too much bite. It was not al dente. The food was okay, but I have had better and it was not enough. I literally had 5 pieces of ravioli on my plate. My husband did not like his food at all. Overall, I was expecting alot more. I am sure the view is probably nice, but that is only if you get an outside table. Since, there are only 3 of them, it is not likely.

4  Thank l0vely4u
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Small picturesque talian restaurant with views over the harbour area in Rota. We enjoyed the fresh pasta and the delicious homemade desserts... We recommend you try this place if you stay in Rota ;-)

1  Thank joerzon