“Unique, laid-back atmosphere and mouthwatering food!”
Review of Solo Ciccia

Solo Ciccia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to Solo Ciccia for lunch and had a fantastic time! As we walked in we were greeted by a lively, friendly atmosphere and Dario Checcini himself. There were free appetizers and wine and then we sat outside at a big family style table and were served big scrumptious hamburgers. Seeing complete strangers from all parts of the world sitting at one table united by good food and wine in a beautiful, relaxed outdoor setting defintely made the experience very special! Excellent quality food and great service. I highly recommend it. I haven’t had dinner there, but I heard their dinners are exciting and a lot of fun.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of those experiences that you have to do..
Dario's reputation as a Butcher is legendary and he puts it all on your table here.
A communal table, house wine and way more meat and food delights than anyone could eat.
We brought our our wine too, shared with our new friends we met at the table and had a blast !
The only down point was the early seating had to be out for the next group.
We could have stayed all night !

1  Thank steven s
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The community dining experience was great. Food was good in parts..
The soup was great.. muzzle soup I believe, very tasty
The rest of the meal.. great for the most part. I'll have to refer back to the menu which I have saved for the details. All in all a great experience. I'll update my review once I can find the menu :)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dario Cecchini and his lovely wife definitely are keeping things going on very well. Dario and his Macelleria became a “tourist attraction”, but still fun not cheesy.
We have spent some time at the Solociccia (his other fancier restaurant was fully booked one day prior) and had a great time. Make sure you will call in advance to make reservation and arrive on time! They seat you in big tables with other people you might get to know along lunch time. Then start serving. The food is Delicious! I ate exquisite dishes prepared with some parts of cow I never thought I would. House wine and water is on the table all the time. Here is the menu you will pay 30 euros (well worth) along 2 and half hours lunch;
Muzzle and Broth, Spicy meat ragu on toast, Batter fried meats and vegetables, Rosemary up your bum, Fresh raw garden vegetables, Garbanzo and white beans, Beef roasts, Boiled beef and vegetable salad, Braised meats, Homemade focaccia and Tuscan bread, Olive cake followed by coffee, Grappa and Italian Military spirits. – Sensational!
Before or after lunch, check on the Antica Macelleria on the other side of the narrow street. You will meet Dario for sure, even if you don’t go. He passes by the restaurant greeting everybody. I was really surprised on how open to people he is. You will see him joining the tourists in the street to make pictures, joking, singing, quoting Dante, with this big smile on his face.
I had so much fun! Dante is right: “Abandon hope all ye who enter, for you are now in the hands of a butcher”!!!!

1  Thank CampodeFiori2009
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I went on a recommendation from a friend. I was a little unsure about the whole communal table thing but was pleasantly surprised. We went to the 7pm seating and were just on time so we didn't enjoy anything before the meal as others have. There were 14 at our table and we chatted with most although it was hard to talk to the people at the far end. The food was amazing especially the Rosemary Up Your Bum. The wine was very nice so no need to bring your own and they just kept refilling the carafe. For 30€ each it was a great meal. After dinner we all went to the butchers across the road and overflowed into the street where we were served more wine and grappa. We ended up chatting with the group that had been at the other table and went with them to the bar down the street for a glass of wine. We got along so well we all met up for dinner the following night. This really made our trip special. I highly recommend it and hope you get a great group at your table!

1  Thank electric7