We spent six night s in this old and beautifully kept residence. The grounds are immaculate and the staff accomodating and kind.
Our room (5 in the main house) was nicely appointed but had a small bathroom (shower only). We experienced problems with the air conditioner for four nights (It was around 100 degrees during the day and 80 at night ! - my advice - go to Italy in September !). Although several staff members came and looked at it, noone seemed able to solve the problem. Finally they offered us another room - which we accepted - for our last two nights. The room (17?) was larger and had a perfectly working air conditioner. We were much happier there. A very pretty pool and deck area although access to the pool is by a somewhat shaky metal ladder only. Still we enjoyed it. Breakfast was wonderful with homemade pastries and breads and all manner of other breakfast foods - lovely ! The promised wireless internet never worked while we were there but there is a very nice hot spot and interent cafe in Panzano at the Pizza place (on SR222). Overall, a bit pricey but a really nice, civilized place to relax after a day of broiling, sweaty touristing.
PS... Great food and views at the little Oltre il Giardino in Panzano.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst the timeless landscape of Chianti, in a protected environment, Villa Le Barone has been in the famous Della Robbia family since the 16th century. The old manor house has been renovated becoming an inviting and intimate home, maintaining the character of a private house with its cheerful bedrooms and sitting rooms, furniture, paintings, books and romantic objects of the family past. The heated infinity swimming pool filled with salt water, tennis court, fitness center,fitness trail and terraces are set amongst large rose gardens, with views on the surrounding countryside, olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti Classico. The restaurant serves typical Tuscan food and famous local Chianti wines. Villa Le Barone is ideal for those who love peace and relaxation as well as sight seeing in the Chianti region. Free parking lot, in-room Internet access, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Fitness Trail, bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Le Barone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Barone Hotel Panzano
- Hotel Le Barone
- Le Barone Hotel
- Villa Le Barone Panzano In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany