We stayed here at the start of a 9 day trip through Tuscany. After a long flight from the US through Frankfurt and into Florence, this hotel was just what we needed. This is a spectacularly beautiful property overlooking the valleys and hills of the Chianti region. The reception was efficient if not overly warm and we were escorted to our room which was quaint with modern amenities for a property of this history. Next time we stay (yes, there will definitely be a repeat visit), we will request a slightly larger room with a view.
I will echo what was written in some earlier posts, the food was excellent and I, as a cook and food lover, the food was excellent. However, the service in the restaurant is something that needs a bit of attention. On the first night we ate in the dining room, we were asked by the waitress whether we wanted to sit outside, as if that was HER preference, perhaps making it easier to manage her tables. As a waitress in NYC for many years through college when I was younger, I get it. However, when I took the 10 seconds to look inside to see, she seemed annoyed, as if I were taking her away from her tasks (it wasn't that busy). I also tried to speak the little Italian I know to be respectful, as I always do when I visit from the US, but that did nothing to convey warmth. Also, we decided to order the Villa le Barone wine and the waitress, despite having done so for every other table, did not provide the proper red wine glasses. We should have said something, but the waitresses attitude was not so great and we decided it wasn't important enough to say anything. Having lived in NYC for 15, I appreciate good food and service.
I love children. I have two sons, 17 and 13, so I don't want to seem insensitive when I say this: the pool was noisy with young, screaming children. I should have read the reviews more closely as this didn't allow for quiet reading outside by the pool or on the outer grounds. This, to me, does not seem like a property geared towards children (I have stayed in other villas in Tuscany). This is not a criticism as much as just to convey for others planning to come here. If you imagine quiet, serene reading by the outdoor pool, this may not be the case.
Having said all of this. We greatly appreciated the history and beauty of this property. We were amazed by the fruit trees and grapes growing by the pool. We were in awe of the beauty and clearly the property is loved and cared for with tremendous thought and care. Overall, the staff were warm and accommodating and I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst the timeless landscape of Chianti, in a protected environment, Villa Le Barone has been in the famous Della Robbia family since the 16th century. The old manor house has been renovated becoming an inviting and intimate home, maintaining the character of a private house with its cheerful bedrooms and sitting rooms, furniture, paintings, books and romantic objects of the family past. The heated infinity swimming pool filled with salt water, tennis court, fitness center,fitness trail and terraces are set amongst large rose gardens, with views on the surrounding countryside, olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti Classico. The restaurant serves typical Tuscan food and famous local Chianti wines. Villa Le Barone is ideal for those who love peace and relaxation as well as sight seeing in the Chianti region. Free parking lot, in-room Internet access, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Fitness Trail, bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Le Barone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Barone Hotel Panzano
- Hotel Le Barone
- Le Barone Hotel
- Villa Le Barone Panzano In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany