The villa is set just above the town of Panzano and has stunning views and gave us a chance to enjoy living in a historic home in Tuscany. It is beautifully renovated and we enjoyed the grounds, self service bar, and restaurant.
Breakfast in Italy used to be an espresso and a bun but these days we found large buffets where we could pick and choose what we wanted. We loved the jam filled croissants, fresh fruit, as many cappuccinos as we wanted, the lovely dried meats and cheese. I could not find room for any more!
Our room was spotless and I am amazed that in this historic home, hot water was fast and plentiful. That alone is an engineering feat in these lovely old buildings, the craftsmanship of which one does not see anymore, especially in my home country America.
We found a great area just below town for parking and a two minute walk we were up in town.
Just 10 minutes to Greve and all to see there! Centrally located to many wineries and historic towns.
Dinners were excellent - my husband one evening had the biggest T-bone steak I have ever seen!
Overall a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst the timeless landscape of Chianti, in a protected environment, Villa Le Barone has been in the famous Della Robbia family since the 16th century. The old manor house has been renovated becoming an inviting and intimate home, maintaining the character of a private house with its cheerful bedrooms and sitting rooms, furniture, paintings, books and romantic objects of the family past. The heated infinity swimming pool filled with salt water, tennis court, fitness center,fitness trail and terraces are set amongst large rose gardens, with views on the surrounding countryside, olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti Classico. The restaurant serves typical Tuscan food and famous local Chianti wines. Villa Le Barone is ideal for those who love peace and relaxation as well as sight seeing in the Chianti region. Free parking lot, in-room Internet access, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Fitness Trail, bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Le Barone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Barone Hotel Panzano
- Hotel Le Barone
- Le Barone Hotel
- Villa Le Barone Panzano In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany