This beautiful place overlooking the countryside and the vineyards of Chianti was probably the highlight of our drive through Tuscany and the Emilia-Romagna. The setting is gorgeous, the rooms a delight and the grounds immaculate. Though we didn't use it, the swimming pool was a hit with many of the other guests. Our first evening started with a drink in possibly the quaintest cocktail lounge imaginable...pour it yourself (on the honor system) and enjoy the surroundings either inside or outdoors. We went from there to dinner on the terrace of the hotel's own restaurant. Great food that would be worth a trip by itself! Here we also met our lovely hosts, the owners of this property that has been in the Della Robbia family since the renaissance. The next morning the hotel provided several different pre-printed driving and walking tours, all of different lengths and distances. We chose one and enjoyed a magnificent day on the back roads of Chianti. What did we like the best? Hard to choose between the beauty of the place and the hospitality of the owners and staff. The only slight negative was that the first morning, breakfast on the restaurant's terrace where we had eaten dinner the night before was frequented by lots of bees that made the meal somewhat of a challenge. Nevertheless, we were indeed sad to leave this place and will make a point to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst the timeless landscape of Chianti, in a protected environment, Villa Le Barone has been in the famous Della Robbia family since the 16th century. The old manor house has been renovated becoming an inviting and intimate home, maintaining the character of a private house with its cheerful bedrooms and sitting rooms, furniture, paintings, books and romantic objects of the family past. The heated infinity swimming pool filled with salt water, tennis court, fitness center,fitness trail and terraces are set amongst large rose gardens, with views on the surrounding countryside, olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti Classico. The restaurant serves typical Tuscan food and famous local Chianti wines. Villa Le Barone is ideal for those who love peace and relaxation as well as sight seeing in the Chianti region. Free parking lot, in-room Internet access, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Fitness Trail, bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Villa Le Barone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Barone Hotel Panzano
- Hotel Le Barone
- Le Barone Hotel
- Villa Le Barone Panzano In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany