Villa LeBarone was the first stop of our recent trip to Italy. We stayed here for 4 nights and were very pleased with our experience. We arrived the day before the official opening (they graciously allowed us to start our stay then so we wouldn't have to change hotels) and despite the staff working feverishly to get the Villa ready for opening day, the owner and staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Corso and his wife Jacqueline greeted us on the beautiful grounds of the villa, assuring us that we were most welcome and to expect warm hospitality. We were not disappointed. Our room was ready, sparkling clean, and our luggage was taken promptly there. The staff was quite helpful in assisting us to get adjusted to the area and, as they did throughout our stay there, were very helpful with directions, suggestions, etc. The villa's property is quite lovely with several outdoor locations for dining, drinks, and soaking up the sunshine. The view of the vineyard is just beautiful, even when seen through raindrops. I'm sure it is spectacular in the fall. Anyway, our room was spacious, the decor tasteful and comfortable, and the bathroom was very large with great overhead shower accommodations. As an aside - the mattress at the villa was by far the most comfortable of any place we stayed throughout Italy. I could not get over how firm (translation: hard) the mattresses were every other place we went. At Villa LeBarone, they were extremely comfortable. We enjoyed a typical Italian breakfast each morning and were very satisfied with the variety offered - hot/cold beverages, juices, cakes, breads, fresh fruits, yogurts, and a variety of meats and cheeses. The rooms in the villa are spotless, so hats off to the cleaning staff. We found the location of the villa to be very central to touring the area. Ponzano is a little town about a 15 minute drive from the town of Greve. There are many wineries, restaurants, and little towns/villages an easy drive from Villa Le Barone. The Chianti region is beautiful - there is so much to see and do and staying at Villa Le Barone was key to our enjoying our time there. We highly recommend this location and would not hesitate to stay there should we ever be in that part of the world again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst the timeless landscape of Chianti, in a protected environment, Villa Le Barone has been in the famous Della Robbia family since the 16th century. The old manor house has been renovated becoming an inviting and intimate home, maintaining the character of a private house with its cheerful bedrooms and sitting rooms, furniture, paintings, books and romantic objects of the family past. The swimming pool, tennis court, fitness center,fitness trail and terraces are set amongst large rose gardens, with views on the surrounding countryside, olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti Classico. The restaurant serves typical Tuscan food and famous local Chianti wines. Villa Le Barone is ideal for those who love peace and relaxation as well as sight seeing in the Chianti region. Free parking lot, in-room Internet access, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Fitness Trail, bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Le Barone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Barone Hotel Panzano
- Hotel Le Barone
- Le Barone Hotel
- Villa Le Barone Panzano In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany