“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Villa Cafaggio

Villa Cafaggio
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We took a tour through this vineyard when we were in the Chianti region. The staff was wonderful and very knowledgeable and the wine was also amazing. We had a full tasting of 4 of their wines, and I have to say I liked them all very much. The grounds for the vineyard is also breath taking. If I come back to Chianti I would come to this vineyard again. I highly recommend coming by the Villa Cafaggio. And also try the jam and chocolates filled with wine they are very good.

2  Thank Michelle F
There are newer reviews for Villa Cafaggio

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stopped here on our way out of town after having a fabulous wine for dinner the night before from Villa Cafaggio. Ended up purchasing a case of wine from them to have shipped home. They also shipped an additional case for us that we didn't purchase there. Service was fabulous (were told when best to drink the wines that we purchased, which was nice). Definitely recommend finding your way here if in Greve.

2  Thank kjones10
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Charming hostess, great tasting wines. Beautiful scenery.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

While planning the vacation trip on 2011, a winery visit was one items to my itienary. At that time, Villa Cafaggio didn't seem to be too far from Lucca where I was about to stay. When finally on vacation and at Lucca, it came clear to me that Villa Gafaggio is quite far away from Lucca and there would be many winerys that are closer.
I'm happy I visited VG. Our hostess Elisa was very friendly and gave nice tour around the winery explaining the wine making process and items related to it. She speaks very fluent and clear English, like most of the people we met in Toscany. Afterwards we had some wine tasting. 4 different wines, one of them still unmature and selected there by purpose. It was very nice to observe the differences with wines and what unmatured wine tastes (Those angry tannines...).

It was very long drive from Lucca, but when on vacation, the destination is usually second to the travel. This time both the travel and the destination alone would have been a good reason for this experience.

They sell their wines, olive oil etc. at the winery. Credit cards accepted.

2  Thank lenkkari
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Visted the winery on a recomendation from our hotel. We had a private tour with Elisa - a very knowledgable guide. AT the end of the tour she provided us with a tasting of four of their wines and then we choose some from the lovely shop to take home. Highly recommend this winery for a tour.