Casa Italia is a wonderful location with fabulous views. The accommodation was spotless and quite luxurious compared with a lot of holiday properties we have stayed in over the years. It felt like home as soon as we arrived and everyone we met was so helpful from the first enquiry (many thanks Raffaella) right through to departure when we were suppoed to be out by 9.00am but weren't rushed out until we finally left at around 11.00am.
Well equipped kitchen is a must for us and there was nothing missing...lots of pots, pans, crockery etc and a lovely bottle of wine from the estate on arrival.
The views were stunning from every window - I could have spent the entire week just gazing out the window....could have done without the 7.00am wake up call from the church bells but they added to the atmosphere.
We have visited this general area before so we didn't need to do the touristy thing..spent a lot of time at the pool which was clean and well furnished with comfy loungers. Idyllic spot for reading and snoozing....
The only down side was no washing machine...travelling with Ryan Air from Dublin means the luggage allocation is minimal so it would have been nice to have had access to a washing machine and washing line - managed with a bit of handwashing but it would really enhance the facilities to be able to do some laundry mid week if only to freshen up the pool towels. Laundrette in Lamporecchio was great but I don't want to spend a morning doing something that should take two mins on site!!
Lots of mozzie bites so take a plug in zapper - we used bug spray but got fairly well chewed as it was so so hot that we tried to leave windows and shutters open to catch any tiny bit of breeze.
Overall a really great holiday location and one we would definitely go back to - having spent the last ten holidays in this area this was definitely one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Holiday Farm in the heart of Tuscany at less than an hour from Florence, Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca, Versilia and the Etruscan Coast, "Casa Italia" is the ideal solution for those who are looking for a relaxing holiday, in one of the 12 flats furnished in Tuscan country style, the conversion of two old farmhouses, part of the existing farm where we still produce wine and oil. Surrounded by a beautiful green park (over 1,000 sqm) and adjacent to our vineyards and olive groves, Casa Italia Holiday Farm is located a few kilometres from Vinci, a famous town not only for the genius Leonardo but also for its wonderful landscapes and incredible sunsets, which on clear days even allow you to catch a glimpse of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. , Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Farmhouse Residence Casa Italia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Casa Italia Lamporecchio
- Farmhouse Residence Casa Italia Tuscany/Lamporecchio, Italy