My wife and i stayed at Armena after visiting Lucerne, Positano and Rome. This was one of the clear highlights of our trip. Owners Edoardo and Elena welcome you to the hotel as if they were welcoming you to their home. The two also go out of their way to make sure your trip is special. The restaurant was fantastic, one of the best of the whole trip and we ended up eating there several nights in a row (the Tuscan steak was enormous and phenominal). We also did the cooking class with the head Chef and learned to make a number of local tuscan dishes. For one of our days, Elena organized a tour of wine country for us which was great. Each room is unique and well designed.
Two areas for improvement from our trip:
1) You definitely need a car here. We ignored the hotels suggestion about renting a car and that limits your options. Taxis here are extremely expensive and destinations are spread around the countryside. We will be less stupid next time and make sure to have wheels to take us around.
2) Would be great if the hotel had a fitness center, even if limited.
We will definitely be back next year. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the romantic heart of Tuscany, only 20 minutes from Siena, only a stone’s throw from Montalcino and Val d’Orcia, in a fairytale world exuding magic and beauty, Villa Armena is a late Renaissance structure. Built of red brick, with original oak beams and roof, and having terracotta floors and a beautiful Italianate garden, Villa Armena today is an exclusive establishment with just 10 rooms, each one unique, where service, attention to detail and exclusivity are the cornerstones of our offering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Villa Armena Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Armena Relais Buonconvento, Italy - Tuscany