“Beautiful room, very nice and helpful host”

Dimora Santo Stefano
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We got a free upgrade to a fantastic room on the first floor. Lovely interior design, very well chosen , very tasteful. Absolutely clean room in the middle of the old town.
Our host recommended us a variety of restaurants, the pizza place we went to (something fichi, via roma) was one of the best and cheapest restaurants on our puglia roundtrip.
Our breakfast included very delicious self baked sweets and cake, there were fresh fruit and cheese/ham as well.
Further we were able to park the car on the private parking some walking minutes away.great service! Thank you for this great stay!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I chose this B&B simply because it was rated as the best B&B in Polignano on TripAdvisor. It showed lots of beautiful photos but I did not expect much because sometimes photos show the reality better. It looked like just another fancy but posh resort hotel.

However, actually it turned to be an unforgettable experience. Now I truly understand why this is the No.1 B&B in Polignano. My room was, needless to say, cosy and clean, with thoughtful amenities--the service was hotel quality. But there was much more than that! I think it owes a lot to the owner Domenico--as many people have already written--the hospitality as if I was visiting my cousin’s home, the awesome breakfast or thoughtful advices, all those were something you could never expect to have at a hotel run by a company. At such a hotel a receptionist smiles at you as her task, but Domenico, you can tell he really enjoyes his job passionately.

By the way, many people commented that the stairs are steep and narrow. For me, it was a good chance to see the authentic Puglian fisherman’s house. The building itself is historical, however the inside is fully renovated and spacious.

Enjoy the unique and valuable hospitality at Santo Stefano.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This B and B is conveniently located in the heart of the historic district. Our room was very comfortable.

The rooftop terrace provides a panoramic view of the Adriatic, making it a great place for breakfast and to hang out on warm days.

Domenico, the host, greatest us warmly upon arrival, provided great dinner recommendations, and baked delicious cakes for breakfast.

Many of the bedrooms are up steep, narrow steps so beware if you have mobility issues.

I highly recommend this quaint bed and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was, without doubt, the best hotel I've ever stayed at. As soon as you arrive (and even before) you are made to feel welcome and to feel like Domenico and Monica really are waiting for you. They couldn't have been more welcoming, helpful and friendly!

The room was 'Il Grottino' (the little cave) and it was a total dream. Unfortunately we could only stay there for one night as the hotel was pretty much fully booked for the next day. Luckily, they gave us an alternative room which, although still lovely, was nothing compared to the cosy intimacy of the cave.

The breakfast was a long, slow affair as we relaxed with a myriad of homemade delicacies and a inimitable view of the azzurro (bright blue) sea.

I couldn't have asked for a lovelier hotel. We were made to feel totally relaxed from the beginning and we were free to really enjoy our holiday to Puglia. Glorious.

Domenico- we'll be back very soon! Ci rivedremo presto! La nostra camera sarà, di nuovo, il grottino.

Grazie di cuore.
Charlotte e Salvatore

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boutros88
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October. First off Polignano a Mare is a great seaside town to stay in, especially the old town which is amazing, and I also found it well situated to visit the area.
Luckily B&B Santo Stefano is right in the old town in a great location. My room was a double, a little smallish but I think quite adequate for two people. Bathroom is quite large and my room had a view of the inner courtyard. Free WiFi was very good in my room.
The breakfast on the rooftop terrace was great and the view spectacular. The staff and owner Domenico were all wonderful and helpful in all ways.
Parking is at a closed lot a short walk away, which may be an issue for some but I believe they'll arrange for pickup or dropoff if needed.
Overall, great place to stay in a great town!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

When I read reviews about a B&B or hotel in which almost all if not all the reviews are glowing, I take extra time to really read all the reviews before we commit. With B&B Santo Stefano, we did commit and it is a wonderful place to stay. Although for the three days we stayed in Polignano in early October it was cloudy and cool, our stay at Santo Stefano more than made up for it. Having a wonderful breakfast with a view of the Adriatic in front of you is memorable, especially when the breakfast includes the cakes, Domenico's specialty. Domenico went out of his way to make our stay special, giving us dining suggestions which were great, and even driving us back from the parking area to the entrance to the old city. We stayed in the room just below the entrance to the breakfast area and terrace and it was spacious clean and comfortable. Overall we couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Polignano.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We find it difficult to express how happy and pleasant our stay was at this lovely B&B.
Our room was very comfortable and clean and the selection and choices for breakfast were tasty and indulgent.
We will never forget our host Dominico: gentle, charming and sweeter than the wonderful cakes he bakes and provides for breakfast. He is perhaps the most open and kindest person I have ever met in my travels and made our stay here a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple