“A little gem of a find”

Cuisines: Italian
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a find”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I booked a 7 night stay here purely on recommendations in Booking.com. I was apprehensive as you never quite know what you are going to get. I needn't have worried - it is a pure gem of a hotel and restaurant. We had booked a 'mini-suite' as we wanted a lake view. Wasn't sure what this was but it turned out to be a nice sized sitting room, an excellent bathroom and a bedroom with double doors onto a balcony on which we could sit and enjoy a glass of vino whilst admiring the view. It was up some outside stairs so if you did come in late it wouldn't disturb other guests and, a really good plus point, there is a stair lift for the less able bodied. As the hotel lies back from the lakeside there are buildings in between, but the upside is that it is more peaceful - you don't get the noise associated with the immediate lake front.
The restaurant is excellent. Food tasty and quickly delivered to your table with a smile, despite the language differences. Might seem boring to some but we ate there every night, seeing no reason to go elsewhere when it was so good and all we had to do was climb the stair to our room. Breakfast choice was really good, with fruit, yoghurts, cerials, breads, meats & cheeses and, to the delight of my other half, some hot food.
Nothing was too much trouble and we were quite sorry to leave. Would have no hesitation in going back there again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joy G

“Birthday treat”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My last night in Gravedona was also my 40th birthday, we set off looking for this hotel as reviews seemed good, staff were excellent and the food was top drawer, it was the best food on our trip taking us through france and italy. Would defo recommend, was also quite cheap for the quality of the food/service.

1 Thank Huesey1974
“Will not be disappointed!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

An absolute pleasure to have dinner here. The pizza is great but the creme risotto was even better. A delight!

1 Thank Brad G
Aarhus, Denmark
“Best Risotto Ever”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had my best risotto ever (and I have had many different risottos).
My wife had an excellent canneloni
If you are staying in Gravedona, pay a visit to Lauro.

• Visited September 2013
Bakersfield, California
“Great meals to be had!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

They have a wonderful menu and we could eat outside, even when it rained. We have eaten here numerous times and the meals were always good. They now have a sign that directs you to their hotel restaurant from the lake walkway.

Visited June 2013