“Intriguing roof terrace, delicious wine, make sure to reserve!”
Review of Ca de Matt

Ca de Matt
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Gravedona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We were directed to the Osteria Mat (or Matt) by the owner of Hotel la Villa. It was in a passageway located in a 400 year old building. We sat on a rooftop terrace and it was Magical! And the food was great. I would like to review it
Basel, Switzerland
“Intriguing roof terrace, delicious wine, make sure to reserve!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went for dinner here on recommendation from our hotel owner who also made the reservation for us.

I shared a full dinner with two bottles of wine followed by grappa and a limoncello on the house with my girlfriend.

We shared the mixed seafood platter and a goat cheese salad for appetizers, followed by steak and a tuna steak as secondi. The tuna steak was slightly overdone but the steak was absolutely perfect.

We had desert, although maybe due to the mild intoxication on account of the rather substantial quantity of alcohol, it seems to have escaped my memory of what that consisted but i remember it being good...:-)

Service was very friendly and helpful and recommended a local winery to visit after the meal.

Be sure to sit on the Terrace!

• Visited August 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food helpful staff but a bit idiosynchratic”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Second year running we have visited gravedona and once again a super meal at ca de matt.
We booked a table for 5 at 8 pm in the upstairs area - but both the larger tables had groups on who kept right on eating - we took a table for drinks downstairs and then held up the people that had booked that table!

Its part of the charm of the restaurant that its a bit small and hard to find - and no one would ever say the view (overlooking washing and airconditioning units was the best in lake como.

Despite all of these things we still think this a great authentic value for money restaurant in a village largely populated with restauants that are selling pasta and piadena.

Staff are helpful and although don't have the best English (better than my Italian) you get by.
We had a bottle of red that was at the top end of their price list at 85 euros but had recently drunk the same bottle in London at close on 200 sterling. but wines start at about 12 euros a bottle and we had a super proescco that cost 20 euros.

Food is good without being outstanding

All in all highly recommended place if you happen to be in gravedona

• Visited August 2014
Doha
“Beautiful ambience and food”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

With its many levels and rooms in a beautiful old building this restaurant has a very special ambience.
Food is excellent with great taste and great presentation.
Great mixed seafood starter and great Pasta. Steak is good but not fantastic.
We would gladly go again.

Bruges, Belgium
“The worst restaurant I ever visited”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have recently eaten in this restaurant .Because I am very fond of fish,I ordered local fish.
It was raw inside and not cooked well,but the rice was cooked too much.
I think that the fish was frozen,It tasted like it has been stored in a fridge for some days.
My wife had "lavarello" ,but it didn't have any taste and the potatoes were served burnt and were
bitter .The price was too high .
ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY!!!
By the way the location isn't cosy,the restaurant is in a basement and the terrace has no view.

• Visited June 2014
Austria
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went here a couple of nights whilst in Gravedona. The restaurant is very old and has atmosphere. Food was good but I found the main courses a little lacking. The fillet steak comes with just a small amount of veg and would benefit from some form of potato. Wine selection very good. Would give this place a try if you are in Gravedona as there are not many places to eat and I think this is one of the best ones.

Visited July 2014