“park”

and up
Milan Hop-On Hop-Off Tour by Vintage Tram with MilanoCard
Ranked #4 of 98 things to do in Monza
Reviewed April 22, 2013

You can enjoy fresh air. Evrybody go this park for a walk with children or dogs - is usual.
preferable visit during warm time

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

didn't like the restoration works. Difficult to explain, but it looks as if little or no aesthetical choice was taken. All the rooms look the same.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My girls, 10 and 12, and I had the place to ourselves with the exception of the staffer following at a descrete distance. There was no rush and we were able to enjoy the beautifully painted ceilings, displays of period dresses, jewelery and uniforms. Most rooms were sparsely furnished with the exceptions of the fully set dining table and hunting room. Nicely preserved marble baths, dressing table and dressing room. The library is in wonderful shape, but seems so empty without books.

The tour ends like most do, in the gift shop. Unfortunately there are no photo books about the villa, just a few postcards. Photos are not allowed in the villa (I asked before entering) and I would have liked a keepsake even if it were only available in Italian.

We finished the self tour in less than the usual hour, mostly because we were unable to read anything more than names and dates on the information signs. I do believe the price is rather high (20 euro for adults and 15 euro for children) considering how few rooms are open to the public at this point.

I hope to return when the weather is warmer and enjoy time in the gardens and park. I do hope they will continue to renovate rooms and furnishings in this beautiful villa.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

unfortunately, we were expecting a lot more from Villa Reale.More like Paleis Het Loo in Apeldoorn. Obviously a lot more funds need to directed to this project.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Villa Reale is a royal palace built in 1777. It's situated within one of the biggest parks in Europe. I've been to the park many times, but the palace has been closed until recently. I highly recommend a visit to the royal appartments, cause they're quite spectacular with a lot of interesting details, and objects. Unfortunately the information in every room is written only in Italian. If you know Italian they're very informative and interesting though. I really didn't expect much from my visit inside Villa Reale, but I found it breathtaking. I really haven't seen anything like it. I will certainly return.

If you feel like taking a walk in the park, you won't get disappointed either.

5  Thank KatarinaBz