“Good food but really poor service”
Review of OPPIO Osteria - CLOSED

OPPIO Osteria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Today I and some friends of mine, had dinner: we waited a lot for everyrhing. No one dish served at the same time, the waiter forget everything and we aked few times for bread, water, dishes and coffe. And the bill? Oh my god!!!! Please, avoid it

There are newer reviews for OPPIO Osteria

Reviewed January 16, 2013

What do you get when you combine a Grandparent’s love with the sheer sparkle of the hottest girl/guy in school? You get the experience that is Oppio Osteria in Monza. Like you, I was researching an eating option in Monza for a three-day business trip. I focused my attention on this place because I was attracted to how enthusiastic the reviewers were about the ambience and uniqueness of the ristorante. I was sold when the staff corresponded with me in a playful and enthusiastic manner, leaving me to anticipate my arrival late on a Tuesday night.

So you know how, when you are let down about something, is seems far worse than it really was? Well, this was the complete opposite of that. The owner, Gabriele, was attentive and interesting. He and his staff clearly LOVE what they are doing. The menu honors the classic Northern Italian palette, but in an energized creative fashion. I tried the charchuterie (salame) plate and it was fabulous! Fresh, abundant and neatly arranged, I loved it!

My main was their signature risotto that was a knock out! But wait, if all that was good enough, the evening had three extra surprises: Proprietario Gabriele suggested a pair of Sicilian wines from Gulfi that almost made me cry. Second: the background music was as carefully prepared as the food and made the night a lifetime memory. Lastly, the décor was very New York edgey and overall very romantic. Where was my fiance’ when I needed her?

In conclusion, if you are an American or European traveling to within 100 miles of this place, make the effort to go. If you are an Italian, consider yourself so lucky to be able visit often and to be connected to the world’s favorite cuisine. Oppio is for real!

1  Thank Richard_07860745
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in town on business and found this lovely restaurant on trip advisor. The atmosphere was great and the staff were super nice. And the food was delicious! If you go there you must try their focaccia- it was so yummy.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As an American living in Monza, I cannot express what a breath of fresh air I encounter when I enter Oppio and am greeted so graciously, smell the freshly baked breads & cakes and peruse a menu full of innovative, creative, and imaginative options! Finally, something other than "the same old thing"! The decor is very artistic and well thought out (if you ask, you may learn the meaning of some of it!), the service staff stands above & beyond the norm of this town and the owners are very passionate about what they do. A creative chef with international experience seems to put his heart & soul into his work. Much thought is put into the wines as well, and if you are in any question, please see if owners Stefania or Gabriele are available to assist (perhaps staff too, I don't know) and you will soon be enjoying a most sublime meal with perfect wine pairing! I intend to bring everyone I know to Oppio! BEST IN MONZA!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Everything on the menu is well presented & really tasty, from a simple pizza, to pasta, to some great meat and proper fondue! The music, lighting & atmosphere is fantastic and the service is great too, all at a very reasonable price!