“Charming farmhouse with views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seafield Farmhouse B&B

Seafield Farmhouse B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Kilbrittain B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Charming farmhouse with views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely b&b w all the fixings of home. Enjoyable hostess who's a great cool. Had tea and scones when we arrived and a hearty Irish breakfast in the am. She had good recs for dinner options. And lovely dog to greet us too when we came back.

Slept like a rock the night we stayed. Enjoyed a beautiful view of the farm when we work. What more could u ask for?

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Seafield Farmhouse was our first and most favorite stay in all of Ireland. We arrived in mid-July and stayed for two nights. We loved the charm of the cows, chickens, farmhouse views, and lovely, lovely innkeepers. Also, the very BEST scones we had anywhere We would all travel back here in a moments notice. I wish I could right now

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catie F
Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Eileen and her family were really welcoming, and couldn't have been more helpful. She even ferried us around in her own car so I could have a beer at the Pink Elephant. The breakfasts were delicious, and I could have gazed at the view across the bay for hours ("it's just some cows and big lake" said my 9yo sounding uncannily like Father Dougal, but I was trying to get her out bed early after a very late night). Writing this makes me want to arrange a holiday just so I can go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I fell in love with Seafield Farmhouse. I particularly loved Eileen. I felt like I knew her all my life. The room was beautiful.I really didn't want to leave.
Eileen suggested dining at "The Pink Elephant" - the best restaurant in all of Ireland. We're still talking about the warm welcome. This was on my bucket list, and I will have these memories for the rest of my life. Thanks, Eileen, I think of you often.
Sheila Smithj

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank corker2232
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed one night at the Seafield Farmhouse B&B and what a place to stay. We called the B&B and they recommend a great place to stop off and eat before we checked in, even though we were running late. When we got there they only thing me and my friends had in mind was taking a picture with her cows. She brought us to her farm and showed us her cows. She had quite a sense of humor that helps add to the experience. A typical country side Irish lady, very nice, quiet place. Beds were very comfortable and the view when you woke up from the dining room was unbelievable. Eating breakfast looking out into the Celtic Sea. Definitely stay a night or two here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Buscoldo (MN)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Eileen is the gemstone of this place... She does whatever she can to make you feel like home. There is an incredible view of the sea lagoon... Probably the best view we had in our stay in Ireland. We had a warm welcome with tea and cake, had a good room, great breakfast... And good suggestion for dinner (really close to the Pink Elephant pub and restaurant if you have your car). We warmly recommend it!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Seafield Farmhouse is set in an ideal scenery typical to the West coast of Cork. A perfect resting place to explore the coast and the surrounding villages of West Cork. The farmhouse is surrounded by rolling green pastures of cattle, and children friendly animals, chickens, cats and dogs. The location of the farmhouse is easy to find and is well signed on the road, R600. It is about 10 minutes drive to Timoleague (on the west) and to Ballinspittle (on the east). Eileen Fielding, the host is endearing - very warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The service is charming. The bedroom is spacious and clean. The bed is comfortable and warm. The shower is fantastic. Definitely recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieYHC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilbrittain
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Bridgeview Farmhouse
Bridgeview Farmhouse
#1 of 3 in Kilbrittain
The Blue Horizon Bed & Breakfast

Been to Seafield Farmhouse B&B? Share your experiences!