“A breath of fresh air”
Review of Clondanagh Cottage

Clondanagh Cottage
Ranked #2 of 3 Tulla B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I’ve stayed here three times now, twice in the B&B and once in the cottage. I loved the area, the escape, the peace, the relaxed atmosphere of the place. I loved the animals, the donkeys especially, the dogs, the horses, the alpacas. I loved the lake (­– we canoed around all afternoon one day and swam about with the dogs), the tree-lined roads and lanes, the lush fields and surrounding hills. I loved the house, the charm of the interiors, the home-cooked food, the
cosiness (– we stayed up late one night in the sitting room of the B&B, playing board games and were joined by other guests and had a lovely evening there as if it was our own home and we were having friends over). I loved nearby Tulla (– the pubs, the music, the craic), Ennis (only 20 minutes away), and all the sites to see around. But most of all I loved the hosts (Dorothy and her family), their hospitality, their humour, their helpfulness and encouragement, their music – and all shared with such an unassuming kind-heartedness. (And I don’t even do coarse fishing ... but I might be persuaded to take it up if it means I can visit Clondanagh more often!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at Clondanagh Cottage twice (2010 and 2012). It was my first port of call in 2010 and any uneasiness that I may have had after a long flight from Australia quickly disappeared when I met Dorothy, such a warm and affable hostess. When I returned in 2012 I felt as though I was heading for home. Dorothy and Michael are such wonderful hosts and great ambassadors for Irish tourism. Nothing was a trouble for them and I thoroughly enjoyed the musical performances of Michael, Daniel and Blathnaid.
As a music lover, I was lucky to take in the great Irish musical heritage at the nearby Feakle and Tulla traditional Irish music festivals, a must for lovers of Irish music.
The accommodation is comfortable and clean and Irish breakfasts superb. The cottage is in a great location, close enough to do lots of day trips to the beautiful surrounding spots of County Clare and close to Shannon airport.
It was just great to feel a part of this beautiful family. I thought after my last stay that I may never get back there due to the distance between our countries....but already I'm trying to weave in just one more stay when I next travel in 2014!! Jude

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wonderful! Can't say enough about this lovely b&b and the hosts. Adorable cottage set in gorgeous Irish countryside but close to Shannon airport and lots of worthwhile sightseeing, so you can stay put and enjoy the dogs and donkeys and take walks on the beautiful property or go out and see the sights. Very comfortable accomodations for our family of 5. The breakfast room was filled with sunlight and the big Irish breakfasts were phenomenal. Dorothy and Michael couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and guided us in our travels. The coast is not to be missed.

It is a music-filled area and they can advise how best to experience the Clare music scene, but in our opinion it is best experienced right at Clondanagh Cottage! Michael and their children are excellent musicians and we were lucky enough to share a tune with them before we left for home. We count them as friends and hope to return someday soon.

A true getaway and a great way to see and experience Ireland, whether for the first time or the twentieth!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom/2 bath section on the first floor was private and perfect for our family of 5.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mary c
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our first stay at Clondanagh Cottage, was simply: perfection. We knew the minute we stepped foot into Dorothy's charming home, (October 2011) that it wasn't going to be our one and only stay here. So we returned just this past November. And again, it was WONDERFUL. She makes her guests feel so at home, that you wonder if in another world this IS your home! It's a gem, and the hospitality you will experience here will warm your heart. It's the definition of the Irish-spirit; carefree and relaxed. The setting couldn't be any more beautiful, and the darling animals on the farm made our stay all the better! The rooms are supremely clean, spacious, and cozy. This place makes me want to move to Ireland. I promise, you will 100% fall in LOVE with this little corner in Clare County!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ChristineO404
Reviewed December 22, 2012

breath of life.....have been twice this year an would have gone back again and again.room and food are ,fab as are the hosts.dorothy and family are warm and welcoming with a font of knowledge on all you need to know.,nothing is to much trouble an amazing break on both occasions,fully intend on returning very soon.SEE YOU SOON

Room Tip: all lovely
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at Clondanagh Cottage for the second time this year, in November and enjoyed every minute of our stay. As usual Dorothy and Michael were brilliant, and treated us just like family and nothing was too much trouble.Dorothy is always at hand with advice and local knowledge.
The cottage is only 20 minutes from Ennis which is a lovely town for shopping and eating out.
We cant wait for our next visit in 2013.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My stay at Clondanagh Cottage was simply fabulous. I was welcomed like an old friend and treated to the best hospitality I have ever experienced, anywhere.

Dorothy and Michael are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble. As soon as I arrived, Dorothy took me on a two hour tour of all the hidden places to fish locally and was constantly guiding and helping me make the most of my holiday. I was ferried around like one of the family and on my last night I got to experience the Tulla music festival, which is the real deal - authentic Ireland and the perfect end to a really memorable holiday.

Beautiful country, beautiful location, beautiful family - wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Clondanagh Cottage? Share your experiences!