Clondanagh Cottage
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel(Tipperary)(Great Value!)
$128
$85
$101
$91
$101
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at Clondanagh Cottage for the second time this year, in November and enjoyed every minute of our stay. As usual Dorothy and Michael were brilliant, and treated us just like family and nothing was too much trouble.Dorothy is always at hand with advice and local knowledge.
The cottage is only 20 minutes from Ennis which is a lovely town for shopping and eating out.
We cant wait for our next visit in 2013.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My stay at Clondanagh Cottage was simply fabulous. I was welcomed like an old friend and treated to the best hospitality I have ever experienced, anywhere.

Dorothy and Michael are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble. As soon as I arrived, Dorothy took me on a two hour tour of all the hidden places to fish locally and was constantly guiding and helping me make the most of my holiday. I was ferried around like one of the family and on my last night I got to experience the Tulla music festival, which is the real deal - authentic Ireland and the perfect end to a really memorable holiday.

Beautiful country, beautiful location, beautiful family - wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Love, Love, Loved it here! Dorothy was a treasure. Breakfast was great, and huge portions. Always a smile and she was so helpful with anything we needed done or wanted to know. Dorothy helped us with our laundry one day, got us reservations at the local pub where her husband Michael plays, watched our 20 month old daugher in the mornings so we could eat in peace, and one evening so we could go out to the pub for music. She acted as tour guide, showing us nearby attractions known only to the locals, and tour advisor for more distant sites like the cliffs of Moher, Galway, etc. There was a small fridge available for our lunch items, and she lent us a day cooler to carry our lunches in. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble for Dorothy and her lovely family. One morning we were invited into her home to watch her 2 wonderful children play the violin and concertina with a visiting family and their children. In the evening, my husband was taught the basics of hurling with young Daniel. What a treat, and a "real" Ireland experience. A definte must stay for families looking to experience the "real" Ireland in rural Clare County. My daughter especially loved the donkeys and horses on the farm, and watching the hens.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were a family of 5 members, Doroty and Michael were warm and charming. They gave us the nearest feeling of being at home.... The place is beautiful and this is the typical Irish wonderful atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Miryam K
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you're just landing in Shannon and want a taste of real Irish hospitality you must stay at the Clondanagh Cottage. Dorothy and Michael bring you into their home and family and provide the warmest welcome you will find. They are a musical family, and Michael is the proud father of his little band, so that they will play a few tunes for you after your breakfast. They're young daughter plays the harp, and their son plays the accordion, while Michael plays the guitar and or drums.

They also have 12 donkeys, a couple ponies, and 3 dogs. All were fine to add to the experience.

I cannot tell you how happy we were to have this family as our host.

The only one possible draw back is the poor signage. Dorothy promises to correct that problem right away, so it's worth the effort.

They're located about 15-20 min outside Shannon airport, and their price is 40 euro per person.

Great typical Irish breakfast too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family