“A very special stay”
Review of Clondanagh Cottage

Clondanagh Cottage
Ranked #2 of 3 Tulla B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Dorothy and her husband offer very special hospitality at Condanagh Cottage because they add a wonderful personal touch to the otherwise outstanding accommodation and facilities. Delicious food, gorgeous rooms and a beautiful environment, put together by really lovely people. It was the best stay in a B&B that I've had for many a year, and I've stayed in many around the world. A friend and I recently spent a memorable time with the Minogues, chasing up Irish history and experiencing the wonderful local music, all thanks to Dorothy who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She went out of her way to point us in the right direction and made sure we found what we were looking for. We left knowing that it wouldn't be long before we were back for more!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I cannot rate the hospitality offered at Clondanagh Cottage highly enough. This B&B is run by a woman who truly knows how to make her visitors feel welcome. Dorothy's outstanding quality as a hostess is simple old-fashioned interest in and concern for her guests. The atmosphere is easy, the accomodation is comfortable and full of interest and character, the surroundings are gorgeous and Dorothy herself is tremendous fun. On my recent visit to Clondanagh, a friend and I were on a quest to seek out family roots: Dorothy could not do enough to help us. After a mere two days and a night in her home, we felt almost as though we belonged - Bord Failte (the Irish tourist Board) should bottle her effect!! Clondanagh is an outstanding B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Clondanagh Cottage a fisherman's paradise if you love coarse fishing this is one place that is a must, there is so many lake's to fish you would need a lifetime to fish them all. Dorothy is such a brilliant hostess i and my friend cannot fault her, always there to help in everyway.The breakfast's are top class enough of a meal to last all day. The tackle shed's are perfect for keeping your bait fresh and tackle safe, and this lady will take you around all the lake's and show you how to to get to them in in her own vehicle a quite brilliant way to show angler's where to fish. The bedroom's are warm and very comfortable with tea and coffee a plenty. If some asks me where you will be fishing next year Clondanagh cottage would be top of my list. I would like to thank Dorothy and her lovely family including Guinness and Shelagh there pet dog's for a really warm and friendly stay at wonderful Clondanagh Cottage
Gerry A & Paul W

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Dorothy was such a wonderful hostess, her musical children and husband incredibly talented - our pub night was amazing! We were welcomed and given all possible helps and comforts. My older children loved the farm animals, especially the donkeys. I would and already have recommended Dorothy's B & B to everyone I know. Dorothy and her family made our experience of Ireland a generous sampling of Irish warmth, wit and hospitality. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a beautiful, peaceful place and Dorothy is awesome ! The food - beyond delicious - the rooms are spacious, warm and welcoming - we had a "hoot" talking with guests that have returned year after year and we would as well if we could ! We were invited to an Irish Jam session at a local pub ! Man did that make my husband's entire stay - a real taste of Ireland. The dogs welcomed us and hearded us ( Guinness is a sheep dog) to the lake to see the donkeys, then up the hill to visit the horses, the alpacas ( who bear the names of time honored guests) and of course the chicken who make sure we have fresh eggs. I was honored to see the newest arrival ( a newly rescued horse) and watch Dorothy pour her heart and soul into making sure all efforts were made to bring health and comfort - just what she does for guests as well, Our one regret is that we only stayed one night - if we go to Ireland again we will go again for a much longer stay. The B& B may appear "off the beaten path" and indeed it is - however, it is a short drive to many places you would want to go and offers a safe haven when the day is done

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannie C
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Enjoyed an wonderful break at Clondanagh Cottage with my children at Easter. The rooms, food, surroundings and most importantly the people were first class. Dorothy and her family were warm and welcoming. As with other reviewers, I cannot make one negative comment. Superb!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Deirdre099
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Dad's are often put under pressure...just go and book a holiday. This is quite a task keeping a family happy Mum and 2 kids (early teens). What I wanted was County Clare, kayaking for the kids, scenerey for my lovely lady wife and then worry about somewhere to stay! Well Googling found me this piece of heaven; Kayaks and stunning County Clare all around....and the most Welcoming B&B I have ever been too. B&B

My kids loved it here, the misses loved the whole thing...and the music will live with us for ever and as for me Dad....well the small matter of a private fishing lake,fishing at 6am with the sun rising and with Harriers perched on the boat next to me...I was content as could be. I am smiling from the memories as I type this.

When the family awoke they were happy to spend the day round the lake, me fishing at one end and them splashing about at the other...it was just devine. We will be back to stay for a lot longer next time!

So on reflection, as someone who has travelled to reland every year since 1986 I would say if you want to really know what "Céad míle fáilte" means...come here and you will never forget.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ColWal

Been to Clondanagh Cottage? Share your experiences!