All reviews shower wall private yacht sunset view europe trip stayed for two nights private jacuzzi breakfast is served watch the sunset amazing views shuttle service our night stay the hotel manager our honeymoon min walk walking path highest point every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:
-The view (especially at sunset) is absolutely stunning. We really enjoyed having a place to watch the sunset it peace (and thought it was a much better view than Oia)
-The location - we liked that we could easily walk to a few restaurants

Cons:
-Panagiotis clearly wants to help you with your trip, but we had issues working with him: 1) He wants to personally check in every guest and give you tons of info - you really don't want to be the 2nd person checking in that day! We waited more than an hour to get our key because there was a couple ahead of us. Maybe others find this "good service" - I don't. 2) We had some questions via email ahead of time, but our emails "got lost in spam". He didn't respond to 4 emails I had sent. Not helpful when you're trying to arrange transportation. 3) He poo-poo'ed everything we wanted to do and recommended his own options. We ended up doing everything against his advice and were so glad we did - it was awesome. This gave me a weird vibe - I think he must get kick backs for steering people towards certain things. Don't let him dissuade you from what you want to do! 4) He told us we had transportation arranged but "got us mixed up with someone else" - we ended up stranded for 90 mins late at night on the other end of the island. Be careful / maybe rent your own wheels
-This is just not a luxury hotel. I get that Santorini is expensive, but I was expecting it to be nicer. The location and view are great but the room decor is weird (think masks above the bed as sconces...?, neon lights, bizarre paint jobs, things like that).
-There is very little privacy

We had a nice stay, but I would go somewhere else next time

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank JaneDoe2013
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the last 5 nights of our honeymoon here and had the most amazing experience. The service was 5 star throughout the week. Spacious room with a/c. Highly recommended in the house massage and jacuzzi !!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel overall is very much catered towards couples. I came to visit with a buddy and felt somewhat out of place. The views are amazing, breath taking; the hotel is beautiful. Great rooms. Overall, this is a great hotel. The breakfast was a little too carb filled for me, lots of bread and sweets. I'm more of a meat and egg kind of guy. If I ever get married, maybe i'll stay here again. As a single person visiting this island again, I would stay in the main town, Thira/Fira, or in the beach areas.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Our stay here was incredible from start to finish. We were welcomed very politely and with excellent service. We were taken well care of at all times and all our needs were met. Very clean and beautiful rooms. Location could not get better in order to enjoy the sunset and view. Jorge the batender was very attentive and educated. Best drinks we have had! We recommend this hotel entirely!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

The manager is absolutely horrible. Our flight arrived at 3AM and I had scheduled a pickup at the airport through the hotel. They stated a driver would be outside with a sign with my name on it. I couldn’t get my phone to work so after 20 minutes we decided to take a taxi. While in the taxi I finally got my phone working and got through to the hotel. The manager argued with me that the guy is at the airport and hung up on me. When we got to the hotel the gate was locked. The same guy answered and was upset that we were already there, we had to wait another 20 minutes for the driver to show up with our room key. Our room was far from what was stated on the booking. I went down in the morning to discuss the driver not being there and to get a different room. He argued with me that he was there and basically called me a liar. Refused to change the room even after I showed him the printed out booking stating that we would have a private balcony. I told him that I wanted to cancel the remaining days and he refused because it said non refundable. I argued that it should be because we didn’t get what was stated on the booking. He still refused. I’ve been to santorini many times and the hotels have booked four wheelers or mopeds for us. When I asked if he can book some he asked if we had some special grey license. We walk down the street and had them in a matter of minutes. They told us not to drink the water but only gave us two free water bottle the first night and charged us for the rest. Bathroom was tiny with no shower curtain so water spayed all over everything. We left a few things on the bed when we left and everything was tossed across the room into our suitcase. The hotel is really not that close to town especially in the August heat. I really hope this saves somebody from paying a lot of money for such an awful experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Abyssanto suite... i, Manager at Abyssanto Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Dear Mr. Mike , thank you for your review. We would like also to say that you booked through e-mail transfer at 03:40 am and the driver was there at 03:40. the flight was there earlier but you DIDN'T call us but just when you arrived at the hotel by taxi to ask me how much will be cost the taxi ("if you will be on the island a lot of times you must know also the rates). From 03:40 till 04:00 driver was looking for you at the airport cause he had also your room key and also to be able to help you with your suitcases until your suite. At 04:05 when you called me again you are already at the hotel but as i told you the driver had your key so you have to wait for him (he wake up for you at 03:00 am to pick you up ) to give you the key and help you with your suitcases FOR FREE. W e told you that
your suite is with private outdoor heated Jacuzzi and private patio or balcony BUT NOT WITH PRIVACY AT THE BALCONY AND IF YOU WANT SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE PRICE ABOUT. But our private suite was full for to give you a FREE upgrade. About ATV QUAD the law for driver out of EUROPE IS WITH INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENCE...BUT OF COURSE SOME MOTO RENTALS THEY CAN GIVE IT TO YOU WITH U.S LICENCE BUT YOU ARE LUCKY CAUSE IF THE POLICE CHECK YOU THE PENALTY IS 600 EURO AND IF YOU HAD ANY CRASH IS YOUR FAULT IN ANY CASE AND NONE INSURANCE COVERS YOU., .
About the water in all the hotels around the world you have to pay for the bottled water.I TOLD YOU THE WATER IS NOT SO GOOD TO DRINK IF YOU WANT TO DRINK USE BOTTLED WATER WITH COST AS MINI MARKET.
The shower is under the Cycladitic Architectonic and there is not shower curtain at these beautiful showers with the "patiti style".
The distance of the main square of Fira (the capital) is 2 Km or 1,2 miles and you must BE CRAZY TO WALK IN THE AUGUST HEAT all that distance.
But you forgot to write how great cocktails enjoy at the heated infinity pool and how many photos you had with your lady at the pool also i would like to ask you why you use again our driver for to go back to the airport.......a yes i remember NOW TAXI DRIVERS DON'T MAKE STOPS TO DROP OFF YOUR ATV BACK AND WAITING FOR YOU 20 MINUTES .
I am as manager here 5 years, you can read the reviews the last 5 years and i have to tell you that you are the worst guest of the last 5 years... attention for the next hoteliers