“Awesome”
other travelers have booked this property
Private jacuzzi plunge pool at your disposal. Just enjoy this amazing view.
Enjoy the most amazing view from the private terrace with the jacuzzi .
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Private jacuzzi plunge pool at your disposal. Just enjoy this amazing view.
Enjoy the most amazing view from the private terrace with the jacuzzi .
Breakfast at the main terrace or the villa overlooking the caldera.
Jacuzzi
Jacuzzi terrace
Roof top jacuzzi sunset view
Fully equipped kitchen !
Dinning area on the lounge terrace
Terrace View
Dinning area at the roof
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

937Mick
Perth, Australia
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 11, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

You WILL NOT find a better place than this. Great location, helpful owner and great breakfast cooked daily. The best sunset view in Santorini without a doubt.

Camper483...
Istanbul, Turkey
“Top-class intimate stay on the Highest Point in Santorini Island with A-Plus Personal Care”
Reviewed August 15, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a quintessential experience with personalized care for 7/24 in Santorini, you found it.

We have stayed in Malteza Private Villa with my girlfriend for 4 nights before we continued our holiday in Milos and Folegandros and what a lovely way to start a two-weeks long retreat.

Malteza Private Villa is located in Imerovigli and three large terrace with private infinite pool / jacuzzi overlooking Caldera and Skarros. It has most probably the highest point in Santorini - which makes it highly private so that no one can actually look down on you...:)

You will have the chance the have a healthy breakfast on your own choice from a very broad selection of Greek delicacies - it's one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in my life. Not to forget the great view and the tranquility you will have during breakfast. House-maid Christina is so sweet that she will make all efforts to make your foodie wishes come true in these unforgettable breakfasts.

Owner of the villa, Iakovos is a local enthusiast who is truly devoted to excellence in hospitality who lived abroad many years and brought back his very colorful personality and experiences to make this place unforgettable for a run-away-from-reality holiday. He has shown his Greek hospitality prior to your arrival to Santorini and will make every little wish you have a reality. Trust his advice about the island.

I highly recommend Malteza Private Villa to anyone who is looking for a Top-class, intimate stay on the Highest Point in Santorini with A-Plus personal care.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
HDunow
Angle Vale, Australia
“Spoil yourself with a stay in this beautiful villa”
Reviewed June 19, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We would like to thank Jacob for a wonderful stay in his beautiful villa. Jacob met us at the road and took our luggage up to the villa, he then made sure that we knew where everything was and how it worked before introducing us to the amazing Christina who arrived every morning to cook us amazing breakfasts and clean the villa. Nothing was too much for these two wonderful people who were very friendly yet unobtrusive. In all we had a fantastic and relaxing stay at Malteza and given the opportunity would go back there in a heartbeat.

Liked best: The atmosphere
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Jul 25, 2016
Dear Helen
I am just glad to have met you and your family ! It was really a pleasure and relaxing to have you at Malteza private villa. I enjoyed every moment of your company and i really appreciate all of your kind comments .
I am looking forward for our next meeting. Give my regards to the family and the kids !
My best regards
Iakovos Dakoutros
BaderAlYa...
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Even Better Service”
Reviewed May 10, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

From the moment we arrived to the Airport, we were greeted by a driver who took us to the Villa. When we arrived, the owner was there to help with our luggage and gave us a detailed list of what to do, where to go, and what to eat. Everyday we had someone to come in and clean the place and also cook fresh breakfast (Greek Yoghurt included). It really was a surreal experience, from the hot tub, to the amazing view, to the friendly owner. If I anyone is going to Santorini, whether as a romantic getaway or just a group of friends, this is the place I'd recommend. Plus... FREE NETFLIX!!!

Traveling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 11, 2016
Dear Baden
Thank you and your friends that chose Malteza private villa for your trip. I am glad that i met you and had the pleasure of sharing some moments with you. I hope our service was up to your expectations and i am looking forward seeing you again soon!
With kind regards
Iakovos Dakoutros
Targa81
Canada
“Book at your own peril. Indulgent luxury I think NOT.”
Reviewed April 18, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I am writing to discuss our recent stay at Santorini at Malteza Private Villas. We were scheduled to stay from April 8-13. We left on April 10 due to circumstances which I feel that Trip Advisor needs to be aware of. Firstly, a significant reason we booked this villa is because of the descriptions outlining the villas accessibility. My wife has recently suffered a broken foot requiring surgery and this was a major concern. The villa had been described as "steps free" and "handicapped accessible." When we arrived, the owner met us at the taxi and tried to help by carrying a bag up a long bumpy steep pathway to the villa. He struggled with the bag, dropping it several times and swearing when it was dropped. He could barely navigate the path wit the bag. My wife no longer requires a wheelchair to get around thankfully, as there is no way a wheelchair could navigate that path. She struggled to make it up the path, and once there was resigned that she wouldn't be able to make the trek again other than to leave. The photos on the various websites depict the villa as very spacious and light as do the verbal descriptions. This was not accurate. The rooms are dark, the bedrooms "railway car" style requiring one to go through one bedroom to the other. There was a door to the second bedroom but without a handle on the outside couldn't be opened by our guest. The beds were a futon without box springs and rock hard hardly fitting the description of "redefining luxury and indulgence." We were unable to sleep due to the thin hard mattress as well as there were bright green lights that could not be turned off in the bedrooms (solar power or cameras)? These illuminated the bedroom with green light making it impossible to sleep. Maltezza Private Villa implies "privacy" and we had nothing of the sort. A major pathway runs right by the bedrooms and anyone could stare in. A man came right to our window staring in one one occasion. When we arrived my wife required the toilet and the plastic seat promptly cracked. The owners initial reaction was one of anger but he quickly masked that. We offered to pay for a new seat but it was not replaced. Anytime we used the toilet our backsides were pinched and cut. The toilets could not be flushed with paper which I understand is a local issue with plumbing, however the wastebaskets weren't emptied by housekeeping. The smell of fecal soiled paper in the bathroom garbage was quite unpleasant. The water is salty and unpotable, however the two initial bottles were never replaced. With my wife's handicap and the lack of accessibility, it was very difficult for us to ensure a supply of water. The Villa was advertised as having laundry facilities and in the middle of a lengthy European tour we were planning on utilizing them. Unfortunately the washer (no dryer present) malfunctioned and wouldn't release the clothes for 24 hours. It washed them continuously. Upon the release of the clothes the entire load was ruined with holes in one of my wife's sweaters and the load including light colours all stained dark. One of the most appealing features in the description of the villa was the "Hot" tub. Unfortunately there was some "contamination" of the tub requiring it to be drained. It never did heat up to the point where we could use it. The main power of the Villa is deemed to be solar. There was intermittent sunshine during our stay and multiple intrusions made to switch the solar power on and the electric power off whenever the sun would come out. The first morning required cold showers as there was no hot water. Hardly " indulgent luxury." When one cannot sleep with no box spring and green lights permanently on, no privacy with strange people looking in the window, multiple intrusions to flick fuses in the bedroom for the solar power, no hot water resulting in cold showers, limited accessibility for disabled persons and toilet concerns we found ourselves with no recourse other than to leave at great expense ASAP. There were three of us and our guest felt just as strongly and left as well. This villa being prepaid, $ 2500 Euros for 5 nights as soon as we could arrange flights we departed. It was clear to me that this list of issues could not possibly be addressed by the owner and therefore there was no point in further discussion. Upon leaving when the concerns were brought up the owner did not accept the feed back and became very defensive. In summary I feel this villa was strongly misrepresented, clearly photoshopped pictures and reviews that in retrospect read more like advertisements than actual reviews.Owner sketchy, caught lying on our communications. Don't count on Trip Avisors payment protection to help you either!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Apr 21, 2016
Dear Dr. Michael Breden
The only reason I am responding to your review is to defend my guests and Trip Advisor. You state that photos are photo shopped and the reviews are for promotional purposes implying that Trip Advisor's material is fake. At your review you did not mention that utility shops that where closed so I could not replace the plastic seat of the toilet. The weight of your luggage, which I never dropped. The utility of the '' green lights '' safety lights and the weather conditions. You also don't mention that your departure was already scheduled for the 10th and the other members of your party decided to follow you without expressing any complain giving me no chance. The only chance you gave me was your message asking for full refund before posting your review. This message has the full review that you were willing to withdraw or change if I refunded the full amount. Here is the part you left out from your review:
‘’ I would like a full refund for this booking given these circumstances. I await your response to my concerns at your earliest convenience. I have not yet posted this 100% factual review on the Trip Advisor site and will await your reply prior to doing so. The Trip Advisor name carries with it a good reputation which is major reason we utilized TA for our booking and I hope he reputation is as well deserved as we thought. Sincerely, Dr. Michael A. Breden. ‘’
This part is easily accessible to Trip Advisor to confirm.

Iakovos
Ali D
“Hands down the best experience ever.”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Soo many things to say about this place, keeping it short it's an amazing place in the middle and the highest point in the island, you can see the whole island in a panoramic view. Has the best sunset you, the one's you see in pictures.
The actual villa is so relaxing, two bedrooms/baths with a living room and a sofa bed, and a kitchen, literally everything you'd need.
The ground floor has a balcony and a terrace to enjoy the view but who cares when you have a private roof top!! All for yourself, used to have breakfast there everyday and just spend the whole day there turning on music (of which you have speakers to enjoy) and just enjoying the view.
The hot tub was amazing aswell giving you an infinity-like tub which is always good to take pictures at lol.
The staff was amazing as well, the owner gave us his details from day one and anything we wanted to book or do he'll gladly arrange it to us and actually bring it to the villa! Amazing guy. There's a maid as well well which cooks breakfast everyday, which we had no idea about.
It's just the perfect place to stay at, very calm and relaxing which is exactly the thing you want when you go to Santorini.
Really miss it, highly recommend it to everyone.

Aziz_lmr
“Best possible service in a heavenly place”
Reviewed April 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This place had services that are tailored to your needs and desires. The view from the place is what you see in movies. The owner of the villa is amazing. Plus there is free netflix too!

Apr 11, 2016
I had a great time accommodating you and i recommend these guys to every host i wish we will meet soon maybe in UK. Give my regards and kisses to the other two and snapchat me :) !
Iakovos
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing