“The best ever place I stay in santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caldera's Memories

Caldera's Memories
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“The best ever place I stay in santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visit Santorini many times and stay at different hotels, this time I had to find a place with no more then a few steps and it had to be at Imerovigli with the view to the Caldera the reason, my bone cancer. Well it was not easy it took me 3 months but what I find was more at the Caldera's Memories. A parking next to my apt. 4 steps away, a very clean room, privet balcony, a big swimming pool, a breakfast for a King every morning with a panoramic view, I will never forget the hospitality of the owners, they went out of their way to help me. The price was the best I ever pay .I had a panoramic view, the most beautiful sunset from my balcony I wish I had stay longer. No more looking for the best place for me I found my magical place CALDERA'S MEMORIES thank you I will see you again soon and stay longer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent hotel services!!! The bedroom is very organized and clean; the owners of the hotel are very friendly and always available to help; from the bedroom and swingpool you have an amazing view to the Eagean Sea; near from the main turistics points...

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in our trip to Santorini. First time that my girlfriend was in Santorini, and we absolutely loved it.

The room was immaculate with an amazing view. The room was very comfortable, contained a living room, a kitchenette, bathroom, and a romantic bedroom on the second floor (duplex-style). The room had a traditional island decoration which was a nice change from modern hotels. Truly gave you the feeling of being on the island.

The view from our balcony was simply breath-taking.

The hostess Koula was extremely hospitable and helpful in providing suggestions for things to do and arranging for our activities. Breakfast was great, and the view from the eating area again simply amazing.

As it relates to location, it is certainly not in the center of Imerovigli, nevertheless a very walkable distance (10 mins). We enjoyed the fact that it was a bit more serene than being in the middle of the village. Santorini certainly offers partying but should not be your destination if that is what you are looking for.

We did rent an ATV for part of our stay while on the island to go around (Koula was again helpful in suggesting a reliable and safe rental agency). However, we also did walk one night to Imerovigli when we did not have our ATV. We walked along the main road (can also take the path on the hill), and it was totally safe. The buses also stop very close to the hotel, although we personally did not use them. Koula also arranged for our transportation from the airport and to the port when we were leaving (for a reasonable extra fee).

Other thoughts: The room did have a small LCD TV and wireless internet (for no extra charge). Did use the internet to check briefly on a few things. I would suggest losing the remote if you are in Santorini, do not waste your time watching TV, however it is there if you want it. I also remember reading a review somewhere about the bathroom/shower being too small. If you read the same review, do not know what this person was talking about, we found the bathroom and shower to be totally comfortable (and we know what small is, living in NY).

Overall if you want an amazing place to stay in Santorini, would definitely recommend Caldera's Memories, and it is absolutely a no-brainer if you are renting a car/scooter/ATV. My girlfriend's parents are visiting Santorini this year, and our first attempt will be to book them at Caldera's Memories.

Finally would also suggest the daily boat-trip that Koula can book you for. Will write another review for that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IrishMaimouditsa
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Hotel is very nice with a very nice views of the caldera. The hotel owner" Koula" is WONDERFUL. she is always smiling and very helpful. she talks and knows everyone in the hotel and taking care of all guests. I recommend this hotel for anyone going to Santorini.
Extremely new experience.

Room Tip: upper floor
Maleny, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

After 40 years my wife & I recently returned to Santorini for a visit.
We stayed at Caldera’s Memories near Imerovigli.
Whilst much has changed during that time, I am pleased to say that the famous Greek Hospitality & Friendliness that we received from Koula & Michalis is definitely unchanged.
Located a short distance from the village of Imerovigli, these Apartments are perfect for those who cherish peace & tranquillity. Built in the traditional style, they blend into the landscape. The view overlooking the caldera is spectacular – each day a different masterpiece.
The accommodation is extremely comfortable & serviced to perfection every day.
You could not want more.
The pool is a great size & has plenty of space to lounge around the perimeter.
Do not miss out on the Jacuzzi in the Windmill!
Breakfast is served by Lena, the housekeeper, in the Gazebo overlooking the spectacular crater. Her lovely smile is a great way to start the day.
A rental car is recommended to be able to see the many sights on this island.
Koula was helpful in arranging that for us.
On site Parking, which is a problem in some areas, is abundant here.
There is a great walking track from here to Imerovigli where you can find plenty of good Tavernas, but I recommend a Taxi home!.
Doug & Sandra Steindl -Australia

Room Tip: Upstairs has the perfect view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I chose this romantic hotel for our 30th Wedding Anniversary after reading the reports on Trip Advisor. What can we say that has not already been said before.
Caldera's Memories felt like home from the moment we arrived. We were met by Koula ( Owner/Manager ) with a smile and greeting that many reserve for very special friends or family. We were taken up and shown our room that had one of the best views of the Caldera. In the room we had a welcome fruit basket and a bottle of local white wine that we enjoyed whilst watching the sunset.
Koula organized everything without any hiccups or problems, from the pickup at the airport to drop off at the port, a sunset boat cruise, directions to local tavernas etc "
The home cooked breakfast was filling and very nice - It changed daily, the Greek Yogurt with homemade syrup and sultanas had my wife asking for the recipe.
The views of the Caldera are SPECTACULAR!!
We stayed for only five days and now that we are back home we wished we stayed another ten.
Highly Recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a Romantic Getaway
If we could put Ten Star Ratings on this hotel we would.
Georgios & Pat

Room Tip: Any of the upstairs rooms for best views.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Caldera’s Memories for four nights at the beginning of September. We can only echo all the wonderful praise and comments that previous reviewers have used for this beautiful place and its lovely owner, Koula.

We were arriving on the morning ferry from Heraklion and were so pleased that we had accepted Koula’s offer to have us picked up. It was absolute mayhem down in the little port and 20 Euro seemed a price well worth paying to be whisked away and taken to Caldera’s Memories without any hassle at all.

We had one of the upstairs apartments (in fact, I believe we may have been “upgraded” to the suite) which was lovely, clean, spacious and full of character (we loved the upstairs open-planned “bedroom”). Breakfast down by the pool was lovely and very varied and Koula’s assistant Michelle was an absolute sweetheart. There was one morning where due to the strong wind we even had our breakfast brought up to our room!

The pool is large albeit a bit chilly and the sun terrace amazing – beautiful views and complete privacy (unlike all the overpriced accommodation in Imerovigli itself where people practically walk across each other’s sun-decks!) We even got free use of the jacuzzi which was a thoroughly indulgent experience given the fantastic view towards Oia.

The path from Fira to Oia skirts Caldera’s Memories so you only need to descend a couple of steps and can set off in either direction. You are also only a few steps from the main road to Oia (there’s a taverna less than 3 minutes’ walk away if you want to be lazy and don’t feel like going any further for dinner). We ate at Anogi in Imerovigli's main square (lovely food, no view - Estia next door seemed equally popular), Tasos (the local tavern down the road - so,so) and, on Koula's recommendation, Dimitris down in Ammoudi Bay down the cliff road from Oia - which was outstanding in every respect (fabulous food, amazing sunset views without having to jostle for position with the crowds up in Oia!)

We did hire a car for the day to go to Akrotiri, Red Beach and a few of the inland towns (go to Pyrgos – it’s lovely and to Art Space, an art gallery plus wine cellar in Exo Gounia!). The rental was arranged by Koula in a couple of minutes and the car hire company not only dropped off the car at Caldera’s Memories but even drove us to the airport for free the next day.

Koula also arranged a sunset cruise to the caldera, hot springs (not so hot!) and Oia for us on a beautiful tall ship called the Thalassa, definitely worth doing and again, the company collected us directly from Caldera’s Memories and dropped us back afterwards.

All in all, we enjoyed five beautiful, relaxing days at this accommodation and would highly recommend it to anybody.

2 Thank NCVienna