All my life I hear many things about Greece and not all of them are flattering to the Greeks people. Of course there are the ancient Greek ruins and "The Greek economy", Greek food. the Greek people and "Greek politics". So, even though I have traveled most of the globe, I'd never been to Greece.
But when it came time to find a location for our wedding and honeymoon, we searched the world to find the "perfect place' to get away from it all. However, we did not want to leave luxury and conveniences of modern life. After looking at many places, we kept coming back to Greece and especially the pictures from the Dream Luxury Suites website.
My fiance' was enamored with the pictures, but felt that nothing could be that good. The pictures had to be photo-shopped to get the rich colors. Especially the blue's of the ocean and sky. Well we were wrong, The pictures do not do justice to Greece.
We spent our Honeymoon week here at the Dream Luxury Suites and loved every single minute we were here. We stayed in the Armonia Suite. This suite has a private pool and Jacuzzi. It is a large suite, with a queen size bed, a large central room with desk, computer, TV, couch, table, chairs for two and air conditioning. It also has a small kitchen with a fridge full of drinks of all kinds (soft drinks, liquor, wine and beer). If you want to share preparing a small intimate meal together made with local produce and foods, the kitchen is perfect. Santorini grows the best tomatoes in the world. It has world class wines and cheeses. The feta cheese is fantastic. We brought back produce and foods from a local farmer on the island and it turned into a perfect breakfast and lunch prepared by myself and my bride.
However, we did not eat the meal in the large room, but rather we ate it outside in the courtyard with a fantastic view of the Caldera (the ancient Volcano). The view is one of the best anywhere in the world.
Every morning, we had breakfast in the courtyard. With the exception of the one breakfast we prepared, we took advantage of the breakfast included with our room. And we are very happy that we did. The meal was a wonderful combination of traditional egg breakfast with Greek produce, fruits, yogurts, coffees, juices, cheeses and breads. What can I say, it was just fantastic. [Although the optional Greek Coffee takes some getting used to!)
Let's not forget the staff. We interacted with about 8 different staff members during our stay. All of them overwhelmed us with service. Sometimes, it was very unexpected and very much in the Greek traditions. Souzana Theodoridou is the hotel manager during our stay and I must say she is the best example of the quality of service at this hotel. As just one example, we had decided to explore the village one morning and past by the hotel office. Souzana greeted us and invited us into the office for a chat. Once she found out our plans she immediately pulled out a new cell phone and offered it to us for they day, just in case we ended up too far and too tired to walk back to the hotel. "Just call me and we will come pick you up.". Now THAT is Service!
Well the walk to downtown Fira is a leisurely 30 minutes so we did not have to take Suozana up on the offer of the pick up. But it was very, very comforting to know we could if we wanted to.
Our stay was perfect. We are going to go back from time to time, as often as schedule and budget will permit.
Thanks to Souzana Theodoridou and the entire team (cooks, bus boy, maids, housekeeping...) for a perfect honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are dreaming of rest, relaxation and tranquility in a stunning setting with truly personal service, then we can make your dreams come true. Each Luxury Suite is designed in the traditional Cycladic style, and has its own terrace with a Swimming Pool or Jacuzzi overlooking the Caldera and the Aegean Sea. Our Suites have stayed true to the original style of the Island and represent an inimitable sample of traditional Greek architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Luxury Hotel Imerovigli
- Hotel Dreams Luxury
- Dreams Luxury Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece