I'm writing this review just under 3 years after our stay. This should serve as a testimony as to how amazing this place is that it was as though we'd only stayed here yesterday! We visited in October 2009, and I had organise our trip to Santorini for my proposal to my now wife.
I had spent months organising this trip to ensure everything was perfect. I had already planned in my mind that my proposal would be done privately, most likely in our hotel so it was imperative that I had chosen the most outstanding hotel possible. Probably after seeing and researching 30 other hotels, I thankfully stumbled upon Dreams Luxury Suites. My search had ended right then and there!
I was initially worried when we first arrived because our driver had stopped at a very run down place and announced that we were here. I had been thinking to myself that the photos look nothing like this!! Turns out the building I was looking at was not the hotel and once we entered through their gates, the view had opened up to this eye-catching and unobstructed view of the water-filled caldera. The hotel is very modern with all the beautiful characteristics you would see from any Santorini real estate. We were taken down to our suite, which was Armonia and we were impressed by the space, privacy and view that it had to offer.
Service upon arrival was impeccable. The hotel owner, George took his time to show us around the small "resort", which consisted of three other suites. The suites are of impressive size. To my understanding, all the suites are unique and are catered towards different travelling group and budget. Ours had all the amenities you would expect from any high rated hotel. At the time we were there, they had provided a complimentary laptop with WIFI internet.
The privacy the room provided was more than I had anticipated. We barely ran into the other hotel guest they had at the time. The pool was small but enough for us to laze around in and soak up the views. The biggest problem I had was that the pool was not heated, so it was bloody freezing!! I couldn't understand why they didn't utilise all the sun Santorini gets and install solar heating or something like that but we struggled to stay in the pool for more than 5 minutes without becoming hypothermic!
The biggest win for me was the food! Endless amounts of food serviced to our private terrace. Breakfast rivalled a dinner banquet with Greek dishes made from local produces. We were in food heaven! It was so good we abandoned any plans to go out and eat in town.
The hotel is ideally located for a nice stroll to the town of Fira (or Thira), however you will most likely need a car or some form of other transport to get down to the famous Oia.
In conclusion, for what I had in mind with regards to privacy, beautiful views and complete relaxation, this place went above and beyond. I hope they have since heated the pools!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are dreaming of rest, relaxation and tranquility in a stunning setting with truly personal service, then we can make your dreams come true. Each Luxury Suite is designed in the traditional Cycladic style, and has its own terrace with a Swimming Pool or Jacuzzi overlooking the Caldera and the Aegean Sea. Our Suites have stayed true to the original style of the Island and represent an inimitable sample of traditional Greek architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Luxury Hotel Imerovigli
- Hotel Dreams Luxury
- Dreams Luxury Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece