If you can its definately worth staying somewhere with caldera views - and this accomodation certainly has them. Our appartment (to suit 2 people) was small, comfortable and clean, and only a 5 minute walk from the bus stop in Imerovigli.
We liked staying in Imerovigli, its not as big or busy as Fira or Oia, it has several good restaurants, a couple of good small supermarkets, one which is a good bakery as well.
The cliff walk from Imerovigli to Oia is breathtaking - its about 5km and a little difficult in some places (wear good shoes) and took us about 3 hours. Fortunately the bus back only takes 10 -15 minutes.
Buses on Santorini are not that frequent and all run to/from Fira, so if you want to explore Santorini easily your own transport helps. We hired an ATV from Sunbird in Imerovigli (30 Euro for 2 days) they were good to deal with and the vehicle seemed quite new. (they also have bikes and cars - as do a million other places). If you like driving an ATV or riding a motorbike then a trip to the port of Anthinios is worth it (even if you dont need the ferry)
We would definately stay here again, the view when lying on your sunbed in front of your room are amazing. Also good was Lucas in reception, he was always very friendly and helpful.
We booked this accomodation through booking.com at 100 Euro a night and felt it was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini, there are "VALLAIS VILLA" apartments, just 350 meters above sea."VALLAIS VILLA" consists of traditional furnished apartments with a unique view! From your private balcony you will have the opportunity to enjoy the unlimited view over the caldera, volcano, Thirassia, Oia, Akrotiri, the small islands of the Aegean sea and of course the enchanting sunset "VALLAIS VILLA" consists of 7 equipped studios & suite ready to accept 2 to 6 persons.Each has its own fully equipped kitchen refrigerator, toast-roaster, coffee-machine.Also they have music, telephone, a TV. with 2 satellite channels, A/C, safety box,free wifi, DockWe will be happy to offer you everyday service and cleanliness in a friendly and cozy atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vallais Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallais Villa Hotel Imerovigli
- Vallais Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece