We had 4 nights at the ARC House, Stone room, and wish we could stay longer. Imerovigli is really quiet even during the sunset, making it the best location (IMHO) to enjoy one of the most famous and beautiful sights in the world. Indeed, it offers complete unobstructed view of the Aegean sea which is fantastic even before the sun sets. We enjoyed the view at the verandah relaxing over the locally brewed Donkey beer and some chips. An experience we missed immediately after we left for Athens.
- ARC House is situated in a very good spot of the town. A short five minutes walk up behind brought us to the supermarket, restaurants (Bella Thira, Estia Grill house & etc) and bus stop in the town square.
- It is also conveniently located above the trail linking Imerovigli to Fira and also other dining options (Mezzo, Blue note and Spiliotica).
-Getting here wasn't be a problem as Flora arranges porter to meet and bring us over. After showing us once, we had no trouble finding our way back.
-The previous reviewer mentioned a dilapidated house with graffiti "in front". Actually, it is a property on sale far below the stone room near the church. It was not painted white like the rest but there is also no graffiti on it, just a sign that read the contact of the owner. Honestly, it is too small to be of note (it is really far below the ARC House) and not in a run down state either.
-Clean towels everyday.
- WiFi is available outside the room.
-A small functional kitchen and a nice fridge that makes ice quick.
-Unfortunately there isn't a pool here, had the urged to take a dip many times but this itch remains unscratched. Hope it would be possible for them to have it one day.
-There were no shampoo or shower gels. It is not much of an issue, just come prepared or buy some off the supermarkets.
-Air-Con doesn't give cold ventilation in the day BUT the room remains cool throughout the day.
-Service was without any doubt GREAT. Everyone was all smiles and friendly, from the reception to the porter. Dora orientated us to the sights and restaurants on the island when we reached and Flora ensured everything was going well whenever she meets us.
- Our rooms were cleaned everyday by a very nice lady and even though we disrupted her work very frequently one day, she was all smiles about it as well.
-Transfer service can be arranged at 15euros each way. I highly recommend getting a private transfer especially if you have bulky luggages because the bus service there isn't very tourist friendly.
-Breakfast can be arranged to be served at the verandah and is prepared by Spiliotica. Expect to pay about 15euros or more per pax. It is a great experience but I think the food doesn't have a wow factor to it.
-Enjoy breakfast (self prepared or ordered) at the verandah over the cool morning and great view.
-Hike from the ARC House to Fira (and back, it is not as hard as it seems even though it is uphill) using the trail below. It was the most enjoyable walk we had in the trip. If you have time, explore the other side of the town, i.e. after reaching the trail instead of turning left for Fira turn right towards Mezzo restaurant. It is pretty nice too.
-There is a beach umbrella at the verandah which is useful during the day if you don't like the sun. However, during the sunset, removing it somehow makes the all difference in the world. It is pretty light and easy to do.
Overall, I think ARC House is a great place to stay in Santorini. The peacefulness and brilliant sea view was exceptionally romantic during the sunset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece