If you visit Santorini because you love those white houses on the slopes against deep blue water of the caldera, you should probably consider staying in one of those white houses. Archouses is one such hotel and it provides a classic Santorini experience in terms of location. You have an unobstructed view of the deep blue waters of the caldera. You can enjoy great sunsets right off the balcony. Rooms are nice, clean and cute. The owner lady is very friendly and will help you plan your activties as well.
However, there are two things you need to be aware: First, getting to this place is not easy. Reaching Imerovigli is easy, just a short bus ride away from main bus terminus. From Malterza square, its not easy to provide directions to this place. After a few failed attempts, we made a phone call to the owner from the square and she came to the square and picked us up. I suggest you do the same. Another thing to note - many of their rooms (esp the ones we stayed at) have narrow, steep steps. Its part of the charm of staying in a arc house, but this makes it unsuitable for elderly or people with fear of heights or folks with leg injuries. Even families with kids should choose rooms that dont have too many steps to get to. Lugging your luggage (esp if you have heavy bags) will not be fun and there is no porter to help out. If you dont have any of the issues mentioned above, you can most definitely consider this place. It was a great experience - after all travel is about different experiences :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece