Our stay at ARCHouses was perfect! After a one week stay, Flora and Barbara were like family. EVERY request we had they went over and above with genuine heartfelt high quality service that included full housekeeping service daily! Great people who really care. It may be the best kept secret on Santorini!
The location is absolutely perfect. Because we were going for our anniversary, and having been been to Santorini before, we had very specific factors and previous knowledge that were taken into consideration in our hotel search for this visit. Because Santorini is electrically serviced by overhead wires, it is very possible to be seeing a myriad of wires as you enjoy your somewhat wire obstructed view. Not the case here. Unless you are at a very expensive hotel at the lowest part of the Caldera, there is going to be something in view. Here, the view is nearly perfect. It is 180 degree water view with the famous rock outcropping Skaros just right of center. The sunset angle is also nearly perfect. What you do see is the roof tops of other buildings on the Caldera and to me the architecture just adds to the amazement since it does not actually obstruct the view from ARCHouses. The balconies are fantastic and there is a roof top veranda.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and all are cave house style. Some are two bedroom and can sleep six. We stayed in the Aegean and the Mediterranean. We opted to make a mid-week move since the larger apartment was not available for the first part of the week. Flora. the owner and an architect, had the porter move our things while we were out enjoying the island. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. They feature nice art and sculptures, toiletries and monogrammed sheets and towels. The kitchenette is provisioned well though our cooking was light. Meats, cheeses, olives, local wines, a few veggies, yogurt and honey and water (for hiking and walking) was our basic home sustenance. The restaurants are to amazing to eat at home much more for us since we love traditional Greek foods. We made breakfast daily and a couple lunches and wonderful snack plates with wine for sunsets or any other time we were home.
We would HIGHLY recommend this beautiful and well cared for apartment hotel. The place is amazing with amazing views and service. Trust that we spent many many many hours researching hotels (20+ hours) from one end of the island to the other. We also already knew the towns, this is the place and a great value. Location, location, location. Fira is about a 20+ minute walk along the pathways. The place directly next door is nearly three times the price! The only thing "missing" is a pool, but just a few doors down with the purchase of drinks you can use the pool! We didn't do this as we were all about exploring this beautiful island, it's foods and wines, the culture, the people, and the history of this amazing place and it was on the cooler side some days. Check it out and go visit: www.archouses-santorini.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece