We have just come back from our stay in Santorini. We stayed at Kallisto and even though I have seen mixed reviews here and there, we really enjoyed our stay. The location for us was great. What we look for in a holiday is to explore different places and culture. So we weren't at the hotel that much. It's about a 20 minute walk to Fira. You walk through Firostefani and the views throughout are amazing. We did a lot of walking and you can catch the bus from Imerovigli. The bus stop is about a 2 minute walk so only around the corner from hotel. We walked to Fira everyday instead though as all buses stop at Fira so you would have had to get on a different bus to get to your location. We found it saved money and you can just enjoy the views as you walk.
We were instantly upgraded to Room 8 before we arrived. Room 8 was the right one by the pool. Rooms were cleaned everyday. The free breakfast that was provided we enjoyed. If you want variety you need to say. The basic continental comes with some bread rolls which are warm, selection of fruit, slice of cake, natural greek yogurt, honeys and jam. You can request for either coffee or tea and you get orange juice as well. You can ask for ham and cheese but you just need to let them know. I believe there may be croissants you can ask for too but we never did.
We didn't have any problems here and Julian was an excellent host. I'm a very organised person so had a couple of tours booked already. I know that Julian would have been able to help if we needed advice on what places to go to on the island. He was very attentive and asked us a few questions about ourselves.
Thank you to Julian for being a good host and to Ilias/Elias for serving our breakfast every morning. It's a great team here and we will back to stay if we ever come back to Santorini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kallisto Imerovigli Santorini HotelSantorini, the most beautiful Cycladic island, an island that emerged from the embrace of mother earth, an island that will spell every visitor with its unique beauty and character.Kallisto a 200 years old mansion, fully renovated in the year 2000 to be a luxury hotel. Keeping in mind the architectural tradition of Santorini, we have created a unique, luxury hotel that offers all the modern amenities. The excellent service, our fully-trained staff and the friendly atmosphere, combined with personal care and hospitality, welcomes you and invites you to discover the incomparable beauty of Santorini. Built in the highest point of Imerovigli village, Kallisto hotel offers to the guests incredible views of the Caldera and the endless blue of the Aegean sea. Focal point for daily escapes, since it's geographical position is just a few minutes away from the main places of interest of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Kallisto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kallisto Hotel Imerovigli
- Hotel Kallisto Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece