I am very picky person when it comes to hotel quality, but I can easily say that Kallisto met all my expectations. At many points even exceeded them :)
Let me begin with the views ... since this hotel is located on Caldera's highes point, the views are spectacular. (Let the pictures speak for themselves). Every morning we (me and my wife) had pleasure to wake up with amazing view of Caldera and eat our breakfast on huge patio.
Location, location, location.... this is personal preference but I usually don't want to stay on main tourist paths, where hotels are located too close to foot traffic (especially all those tourists from cruises wondering on other hotel premisses trying to take a "perfect photo"). This is why Imerovigli (where Kallisto is located) was better choice for me than Oia or Fira. We still had perfect walking distance to Fira with all benefits of close proximity to good restaurants (closest one is maybe 50 steps away) and grocery store, car/atv rental, bus top etc. Very very convenient location, quiet and relaxing.
Distance to other recommended attractions (by car) is:
to Oia - 15min
to Parissa Beach - 25min
to Megalohori - 20min
to Faros - 35min
Staff / Service .... what can I say... Julian (manager) is the engine of the whole operation :) He speaks Greek, English, German, some Polish and probably even more languages, but what is more important he is always there to help with any question or issue you might have. (Julian if you read this, ... ευχαριστώ πολύ )
Other crew members are equally nice, friendly and polite (thank you Elias for serving us those tasty breakfasts).
Hotel cleanliness ... perfect. Hotel is recently renovated, and you can see that everything is practically brand new. Towels, sheets changed daily.
To sum this up... I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone. You could probably find fancier ultra luxurious hotels on Santorini but I couldn't justify to spend almost double the price for minimal difference in quality ...and now I'm happy I didn't :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kallisto Imerovigli Santorini HotelSantorini, the most beautiful Cycladic island, an island that emerged from the embrace of mother earth, an island that will spell every visitor with its unique beauty and character.Kallisto a 200 years old mansion, fully renovated in the year 2000 to be a luxury hotel. Keeping in mind the architectural tradition of Santorini, we have created a unique, luxury hotel that offers all the modern amenities. The excellent service, our fully-trained staff and the friendly atmosphere, combined with personal care and hospitality, welcomes you and invites you to discover the incomparable beauty of Santorini. Built in the highest point of Imerovigli village, Kallisto hotel offers to the guests incredible views of the Caldera and the endless blue of the Aegean sea. Focal point for daily escapes, since it's geographical position is just a few minutes away from the main places of interest of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Kallisto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kallisto Hotel Imerovigli
- Hotel Kallisto Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece